New SWG Hot Tub Setup?

Just did mine again as I'm switching to a bromine salt water generator tomorrow. Not to much yellow this time.
3d2a7bfd679ad7dd5b110c22146b50d6.jpg

Gotcha... I did rinse it out. and refilled it. Its probably just some residual. I just added probably 30-40 gallons of water as well (after that). seemed a bit low, and my stabilizer seemed to be a bit high. So i am going to run it for a while and see what I test at then re-balance.
Man I cant wait to get to a stable schedule :) Need to get in a zone where I can just toss in an oz of bleach after a soak and test weekly

So jza that is foaming. for sure... if i were to guess is that fairly bad? The foaming i experienced was no where near that.. it was much bigger bubbles gathering in a corner maybe 3-4 inches high by 10 inches wide. Guessing that may have not been a big deal? haha

Just set the 2nd filter to run 4 hours as well... So now one setting runs for 4 hours at 11pm, and another at 8am for four hours... hopefully this should help the FC maintain its level.
Why does it seem like every manual, or online document (not here) states a SWG tub should only have .5-1.5ppm of FC... yet, the chart on here says based on my 70 CYA I should have like 6 on the higher end.
Seems like a major difference.

Just got my taylor test kit (i bought a 5 bottle cheap kit) before I bought my Tf100 etc...
So my first PH test showed high. Next time after adjustment, nailed it... Feels pretty good to have the PH totally locked in :) . More proof (not that you guys needed it) that test strips suck.

So im finding that I am potentially (maybe its normal) going through way too much chlorine. for example here are my last few logs.

Yesterday 4:24pm - add 3.3oz bleach (6%)
Yesterday 10:32pm - add 3.7oz bleach
Today 12:53 am - add 3.7oz bleach
Today 11:20pm - add 3.1oz of bleach

This is all just to maintain 5-6 roughly in FC. My CYA is about 80 (maybe a bit higher, test strips suck). I may have misread the chart of SWG and CYA and assumed it was for spas as well.. reading another post says I should be at 30-40 in my spa. That said I may need to drain some and refill. Would that be the reason for the crazy bleach usage?
I have bathed solo the last three nights for about 20-25 minutes each time.
Also I added some water today which would facilitate one of the additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.