IC40 and ET8 salt readings

Brent,

So... we really have no idea which part the tech changed... Sigh!!!

There is no "Com Module"... As far as I know, all the com port components are on the main board.

It sure would be nice to know what he did...

Jim R.

Ya didn’t he leave behind the old board? Can u ask him some how. This would kinda help. Cause I already switched out my main board and I’m throwing a new cell in tomorrow. Only thing not changed on my end is the rear board.

So I called the pool company and started by saying on warranty claims they do not give out part #'s or paperwork of warranty claims. But he put me on hold and then came back and said they replaced the "SCG board". Does this help?

The SCG board is what is pictured in post #37.. and is the power supply for the salt cell..

I too am not sure how it could have an effect on the just the salt reading.. But, as long as it fixed it, that is great.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the end..

Jim R.

update for me for anyone who might find this thread in the future.

my cell was replaced yesterday after a flow switch was replaced and did not fix the problem. it's working for now.

my cell reading is actually accurate. My reading with the taylor kit is 3400. it's showing 3500. my other one was always 500 off give or take.

so all i got to do now is clean my old one which looks pretty good i think and store it for a backup.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

looks pretty good. no scale buildup really.
Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.