Pentair VS Pump - Error Code 0021

Hello,
I am new to the Forum but have loved the advice and guidance I have received through here for the last two years.

Here is what is going on. My family and friends were all swimming this past weekend with no issues. Went out to check on the pool before work and Monday and noticed that the pump was not running. I went and checked the pumped and the display screen said "Err 0021".

The manual states:

"– Communication Link between the HMI and Motor control has been lost: Check the jacketed wire on the back side of the keypad inside the drive top cover. Ensure that the 5 pin connector is properly plugged into the socket and that there is no damage to the cable."

I removed the four screws from the top of the display board and all the wires and connections appeared fine (plugged in and no damage). The compartment did have some water around the connectors which I am in the process of drying out.

Has anyone else ever had this issue and know of a possible fix/solution? I've searched online and can't find any help. Was hoping someone else has experienced this and can help me out before a I call for service.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Greg,

If the pump is under warranty, I would call your pool builder or Pentair.

If the pump is relatively new, but out warranty, I would still call Pentair. I'm not sure of the whole story, but it seems a read a thread or two about Pentair stepping up and making it right.

The worst they can do is say no... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.