Favourite Pool Toys

Crazycannuck.

It only has 3 point, one of which is a BIG double screw seal so you can deflate it REALLY quickly in case the cops are after you!!!!
one other word for you - AIR COMPRESSOR

The sad part of this story is that my wife isn't doing that well, we just found out that she has this BIG addiction, she's trying to beat it to the best of her abilities, but Walmart just isn't allowing her to come off it easy, and just the other day, she joined the PTA (Pool Toys Anonymous).
Seriously, we have so many toys, one of my cars IS BURRIED under them - I really have to post a pic of that one day, I believe the count of flotation devices is up beyond 30 - our 1200 sq ft garage is HALF FULL OF TOYS!!! And NOT the right kind of toys!!!!

crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...

hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong? :-D

It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

I think its an british thing.

:angel: :whoot:

Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians. :twisted:

Don't get us going, pretty soon you'll be eating backbacon, drinking Molson Export and ending all your sentences in "eH!"

Hey hoser!

3.gif

crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...

hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong? :-D

It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

I think its an british thing.

:angel: :whoot:

3.gif

Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians. :twisted:

Don't get us going, pretty soon you'll be eating backbacon, drinking Molson Export and ending all your sentences in "eH!"

Hey hoser!

3.gif

OOOOOOOoh I miss backbacon - peameal bacon........... :lol:
Every time we get back to Canada we get the peameal bacon and the great old Cheddar cheese. That's the good stuff eh? and for the french twist "for sure on dat eh?"
:party:

JCJR said:
Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.

I have a vinyl lined pool and we used the Toypedo for about a week and then noticed that if it hit the wall, it left a good sized dent! I would suggest only use this toy in a concrete pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JCJR said:
Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.

I have a vinyl lined pool and after a couple of days with the Toypedo, I noticed that there were a lot of dents in the walls from this toy. I would suggest not using it in a vinyl lined pool. It was a fun toy while it lasted!!

tagprod said:
JCJR said:

throwing the toypedo is an artform - like a football thrown with a perfect spiral - it takes practice.

I just bought the TOYPEDO for my son as a B-Day gift. I got the last one at WalMart and we have had so much fun with it!

One more time at the Canadian thing.eh..we learned this from some new friends we met from NW Ontario - yah? They never ask the question directly but just put that word at the end of the sentence - yah?

We were proud to send them home with a few sentences end with the word - THEN. They had a really good time at Moondance Jam with those crazy Americans, then. Also got in a few sentences with the word NORT for my extremely Scandinavian Father in Law, from the Nort part of Minn-a-soda then. lol.

ps: Yes, we fed them hotdish.

lol - I confess, we really do love our neighbors to the "nort" - Winnipeg is the only really BIG town close to us - WE would just be the end of the world up here, then, yah?

LOL - if you ever go to our lovely province of Quebec, just listen to the francophones speak english.
Any word that begins with a vowel ie. airplane, you add the letter "h" in front of it. so its pronounced
Hairplane, Happle, Hontario... and if the word begins with the letter "h" you delete the letter when you are saying it.
So hungry becomes ungry and happy becomes appy.

So repeat after me

Ow hare you today, uh.

and instead of eh, they say uh.

Lord Tunderin Jesus, if you think Canadians speak funny, you have to head over to the rock (Newfoundland)..The way I started this reply is EXACTLY how at least 99% of them do. I use to have a client there, she would call my office, my wife would answer, would ask her name 3 times, then finally give up and said I will get Rik to call you back. I get home from a day on the road, "any messages honey?" to which she replied, yes one, not sure who it was, press her for details, she gets mad, then says I asked her 3 times and couldn't figure it out. So immediately I know who it was, the thickest Cockney Accent you have ever heard. She pronounces her H's as H'a, and her A's as H's. Its a blast.

Rik

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.