Difference between Pentair Mobiletouch and Mobiletouch 2

CORRECTION!!! on my last post. NOT $300 but more like $200.

I just got done doing a cost comparison between the Pentair IntelliTouch and Pentair IntelliCenter. I tried to compare apples to apples so here goes -

With Load Center
With two Valve Actuators
Temperature Sensors
No SWCG or associated transformer (I was trying to keep it simple) :D

IntelliTouch i5+3PS Pool/Spa Combo with ScreenLogic2 and two valve actuators (the older type (263045) $130.00 when purchased separately) = $1,405.00

IntelliCenter i5PS Pool/Spa Combo (ScreenLogic type functionality is built-in) and two valve actuators (the newer type (521485) $150.00 when purchased separately) = $1,599.00

I did the math for you. IntelliCenter cost a whopping $194.00 dollars more but you get the newer type valve actuators along with the newest technology.

I did not do any comparison between EasyTouch and IntelliCenter as the capabilities are too different and are for different type applications. But the cost difference is about $800.00 when you factor in ScreenLogic2.

Thanks a ton for the thorough comparions, @MyAZPool. I will call my contractor Monday morning. I did call a couple of pool equipment warehouses and while they had the i10+3 in stock they had not even heard about the IntelliCenter. I totally agree that I won't need the automation week one but I will need both equipment sets running - both pool and spa will be plastered the same day so water has to go in and circulate. I certainly would prefer the newer technology and built-in screenlogic given that the price is more or less equivalent.

Oh, and to answer the question the pump will be a Pentair VFS (011056) and a Pentair SuperFlo VS so both will be programmable at the pump.

Thanks a ton for the thorough comparions, @MyAZPool. I will call my contractor Monday morning. I did call a couple of pool equipment warehouses and while they had the i10+3 in stock they had not even heard about the IntelliCenter. I totally agree that I won't need the automation week one but I will need both equipment sets running - both pool and spa will be plastered the same day so water has to go in and circulate. I certainly would prefer the newer technology and built-in screenlogic given that the price is more or less equivalent.

Oh, and to answer the question the pump will be a Pentair VFS (011056) and a Pentair SuperFlo VS so both will be programmable at the pump.

You're welcome. Great choice I believe as the IntelliCenter fully supports ALL of the particulars of the IntelliFlo VSF (011056). From experience, I know you will really like the new features of that pump.

Yes, have the contractor give PolyTec a call on monday. Another one of our members just ordered their IntelliCenter from them about a week ago and he installed yesterday and should be firing it up today. You might want to peruse the last few pages of the Pentair IntelliCenter thread here on TFP. You might find something useful there.

And please keep us who are interested, updated on your IntelliCenter install and experiences on the same thread. Let us know if you can get the palm tree to grow out of your handheld :jocolor:.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.