screen logic and alexa

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
hello. anyone using alexa and screen logic? i just bought a dot today cause my audio system in the house if going to be alexa enabled in a few weeks. so i'm trying to get familiar with alexa.

so for pentair. can you control ur heater?

i got alexa to turn my lights on and off along with my cleaning circuit and chemical circuit. i have a circuit for heater but that gets triggered when i select heater. that circuit does not show up in my list.

can i control my heater?

I have (or should I say had) mine hooked to my various Alexa's.

Maybe used it 3 or 4 times, more to show off to people when they came over for the first time since the pool was installed. IMO it is junk. At least for me, it disconnects all the time. I query Alexa the status of the pool only for her to answer that my screenlogic skill is not connect (or something of the like). I use Alexa all the time and never have other issues with any other skills or hubs or programs. So it is definitely a Pentair issue.

I don't think I have tried it in 2 or 3 months, as I know it will require me to login and re-connect the 2 systems. Far easier to just pull out my phone or laptop and make any adjustments via the app.

No idea what you can actually ask her to do. The last time I tried to find any meaningful info on it, there wasn't any.

Ok only reason I even bought the Alexa was for my audio system so when in the pool or around the pool we can maybe get away without phones. But that update didn’t get pushed yet so I figured might as well try the pentair skill.

Its ok. I mean I got the circuits working. Just can’t figure out the heater

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.