Will 1 skimmer work ?

orthopod

Gold Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
Braselton, Ga
We are building apool, its probably 1000 square feet, close to 40K gallons. Our design leaves little room for skimmers. We have the pool rough dig done, and the pool builder has 1 skimmer, we will have a Paraskim V venturi skimmer. The entire back wall is a raised beam, with a waterfall. The left straight wall is a wall that backs up to bar height pavilion. There is a beach entry/shelf, and I was thinking another skimmer could go there. The current skimmer is to the bottom left of the picture.

Would everyone be comfortable with one skimmer. Our last pool, only 1 of the skimmers really was ever full..

Attachments

• IMG_7747.jpg
    IMG_7747.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
I have only one skimmer. My pool is considerably smaller than yours, though. And given a choice, I'd have at least one more, at the extreme downwind end of my pool. Downwind is key. Otherwise the slightest breeze will push floating leaves on past the skimmer so they can collect at the downwind end , get waterlogged, and sink so I get to vacuum them up.

I have only one skimmer. My pool is considerably smaller than yours, though. And given a choice, I'd have at least one more, at the extreme downwind end of my pool. Downwind is key. Otherwise the slightest breeze will push floating leaves on past the skimmer so they can collect at the downwind end , get waterlogged, and sink so I get to vacuum them up.

I haven't paid attention to the winds...I fly so I always pay attention to the wind at the airport- guess I didnt think about wind and debris in the pool....Im thinking we can add another skimmer to the right of the hottub...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.