Cartridge filter question.

boots

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2018
Jacksonville/FL
Is it recommended to soak your cartridge after cleaning it before you put it back. Reason I ask is that the pool store says to do this and I am wondering if this is incorrect? I am slowly correcting my mistakes in pool care to the TFP way.

Only if necessary. Soaking the filter in TSP would be if there is an oil buildup on the filters from suntan lotion, sunscreen, etc. Only do it if cleaning the filter does not lower your filter pressure back to normal clean pressure or if the pressure rises quickly after cleaning.

Is it recommended to soak your cartridge after cleaning it before you put it back. Reason I ask is that the pool store says to do this and I am wondering if this is incorrect? I am slowly correcting my mistakes in pool care to the TFP way.

B,

Gee, I wonder if they wanted to sell you some kind of cartridge cleaner?? :p

Just do a good job of hosing them off and stick them back in and go for a swim..

That said.. I don't know of any reason not to soak them if that is what you want to do, I just don't see any real advantage.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.