New Pool Build in Austin (Feedback welcome)

jimbethesda

Gold Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We've made progress. The PB we like sent us a proposal back. Feedback is appreciated.

WE WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:

• All work to be done in accordance with the National Spa and Pool Institutes Specifications as well as all applicable local codes.
  • General Liability Insurance during construction
  • Layout in accordance with approved plan.
  • All permits and calls for necessary inspections.

POOL SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions: 32 ft. x 17.5 ft. x 19.5
Inside Perimeter 103 sq. ft.
Surface Area: 540 sq. ft.
Approximate Volume: 21,000 gallons
Depth: 4.0 ft to 6.0 ft
Steps: One set per plan
Benches / swim outs: 20 lineal ft.
Lights: (3) LED Globrite color pool lights
Tile: Per owner’s selection
($5.50 per sq ft allowance included)
Coping: Pre cast salt damage resistant coping or poured in place concrete with approved finish and edge design or approved equal per owners’ selection
Water features: Raised beams / Retaining walls with 4 scuppers / sheers (Water feature style to be determines)
Other: Umbrella sleeves, volley ball sleeves

SPA SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions: 8 ft. x 6 ft. inside dimensions, 18 inches height
Controls: Pentair Easy Touch with wireless controls or Screen logic controls with smart phone application optional
Jets: Six Waterway therapeutic jets
Light: (1) LED Globrite color light
Heater: Pentair 400,000 BTU gas
Drain: Dual anti vortex drains
Coping: Lueder limestone or approved equal.
Blower: 1 HP Air Silencer Blower
EQUIPMENT SUMMARY

Pumps (1) Pentair Inteliflo variable speed for pool/spa
& water features
(1) 1.0 HP Whisper flow water feature pump
Filter: (1) Pentair 60 DE w/ multiport valve
Water Treatment: Pentair IC60 and In Line Automatic Chlorinator as back up.
Pool Cleaner:pentair racer with booster pump or equal
Heater: 400,000 BTU Pentair Master Temp
Skimmers: (2) in pool with customer pour lids
Auto fill: Pool miser with anti siphon devise and over flow drain pipe. Not warrantied against freezing
Lights: (3) LED Globrite color lights in pool and (1) light in spa
Drains (2) anti vortex in pool and two in spa
Controls: Pentair Easy Touch 8 with wireless remote or Screen Logic remote for smart phone.
Equipment Pad: All equipment is set on a concrete pad.
Maintenance Equipment: Wall brush, net and telescoping pole
Start-Up Chemicals: Included

DEMOLITION

Removal and disposal of approximately 300 sq. ft. existing concrete.

EXCAVATION

Backhoe / Bobcat: All dirt or rock excavation, bagging and haul- off included in the pool base price. Rock excavation of access is included

Forming: Excavation to include all forming of pool and included elements, i.e. beams walls water features and decks.

POOL BUILDER accepts no liability and assumes no responsibility for landscaping, sprinklers or any other fixture replacement due to completion and alteration of existing property due to contracted project. “Owner” assumes all liability to complete landscape after the pool and associated projects or items are complete unless stated specifically in the contract.

STEEL

• 1/2” Rebar tied on 10” Centers with a four bar beam and additional bars at all high stress areas if required. Structural engineer to be consulted as needed for any additional requirements.

GUNITE

• Dry Gunite per industry standard, Water and Quality Controlled at Job Site
  • Minimum floor and Wall Thickness of 8”-10” (12” when out of ground)

PLUMBING

• All plumbing with schedule 40 PVC 2” plumbing to skimmers, spa, main drains and water features. Larger plumbing may be required for extended plumbing runs.
  • Separate main drain and skimmer lines with independent valves.
  • Independently plumbed suction lines for water features
  • Two Pool Main Drains (anti-vortex type)
  • Skimmers (qty. 2) with equalizer intakes
  • Gas line and hook up of heater included.
  • Area Drains in decks as required. Down spouts drains to be included

ELECTRIC

• Bonding by Electric Code (#8 copper wire)
  • Hook Up of Under Water Lights, Timers and Pool Pump
  • Includes all circuit Breakers, GFCI, Etc. 1 YR. warranty on GFCI breakers
  • Freeze control

DECKS

• 247 sq. ft. travertine pavers set on compacted road base and mortar base per owner’s selection or equal. Reinforced containment walls (+/- 3 ft. ft. ht.) and footings for columns.
  • Existing concrete to remain to receive matching travertine pavers with mortar base.
  • Install sleeves under decks for irrigation and electrical as required.
  • Area drains as required.
  • Hand and guard railings to code included.

FENCING

• Approximately 15 ft. wood fence and equipment screen and gate to code.

RETAINING WALL

• Retaining wall shall be constructed with matching stone beyond pool raised beam toward gate as required.

PLASTER

· Level 1-2 pebble finish per owner’s selection included.

PATIO COVER

20 ft x 19 ft Patio cover with matching shingles to house. Ceiling board to me tongue and groove or approved equal painted or stained per owner’s selection. All trim and columns panted to match house.

Hard spots provide and wired for ceiling fans and lights as directed by owner. Light fixtures to be supplied by owner. Installation of lights or appliances included.

WARRANTIES

· Lifetime Structural Warranty on the Pool Shell To Hold Water
· Pool and equipment 36 months bumper to bumper.
· Tile, coping, plaster, pool sweep 3 years.
· All Pentair Equipment 3 years parts and labor
· 3 year workmanship warranty on all items.

ADDITIONS:

· All State and Local taxes included
· Building Permits and HOA Architectural Review approvals included.
· Licensed structural engineer consultation and design as required.
· Clean up construction site of all pool construction related items.
· Pool School / Customer orientation
· One month Pool cleaning and chemical service included

Attachments

• Pool Render.jpg
    Pool Render.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 656
  • Pool dimensions.jpg
    Pool dimensions.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 648
Nice. My .02 - It may be just the picture but the volleyball net appears to be really close to the steps into the pool. I know that players can get really active and I see a chipped tooth on the steps. Like I said, it may be just the view from this pictures.

Nice. My .02 - It may be just the picture but the volleyball net appears to be really close to the steps into the pool. I know that players can get really active and I see a chipped tooth on the steps. Like I said, it may be just the view from this pictures.

Yeah, I thought that too

That is SO pretty! Love so much about it!

What kinds of valves will the PB put in? There are different kinds and some are much better than others. Here is a quick link to one good kind:
https://www.jandy.com/en/products/valves/neverlube There are other brands so let us know what he says.

:shock:on the steps there with a volley ball net....not a good idea as we all know someone going backwards for the ball WILL trip and fall. Might want to rethink that.

Kim:kim:

Dont forget a light over the equipment pad (tied into automation so you can turn on from phone) and how many returns (or did I miss that)?

There will be 4 returns. He’s checking on the valves. I added 3 outdoor lights, we’ll decide the placement later.

We’re going to leave the volleyball sleeves in the same spot. We won’t end up using it much, and games will be very casual. We’ll make sure to place an adult near the stairs and will warn everyone.

He said permitting can take 3 weeks and then excavation will start. Total project time about 4 months.

Now time to pick out all the tile, stones, and finishes!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will, thanks.

Right now it’s hurry up and wait. Permit approval can take 3 weeks. Excavation will start after that. I have no dirt (all hard rock) and limited access. That means excavation will take awhile (and why our bid was so high!).

Amazing!! I love the design! How high are the retaining walls? If they are pretty high I have two concerns--
Without a bench or something along that wall, I would be concerned about there not being an 'edge' of the pool for little kids to grab onto if needed. Also may be hard to brush that side of the pool. We have a low raised wall and it makes it a bit of a pain.

Thanks for the feedback. Due to our yard, we have choice regarding the wall. I’ll ask the PB about adding another bench for safety

The permit was rejected for “grading and drainage”! No feedback from the city yet. Hopefully it’s minor. I’d heard the City of Austin is hard to deal with, and now I’m experiencing it first hand. We wait 3 weeks for them to tell us no.

Just wanted to vent. I’ll keep you posted

You can go to the city meeting and plead your case and possible solutions depending on what they come back with. Its much harder for them to tell residents no to your face. At least this was my experience and it worked for us on a backyard project. Good luck...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.