gap armor instead of deck-o-seal?

Aug 13, 2018
Shrewsbury
Hello everyone,
it is time again :-( to replace seal around the pool 125 lf 1/2" most of the time but seems a bit larger in a few places.
First option is kit of deck-o-seal... next on the list is Sikaflex which has mixed reviews, and third is Gap Armour (gap-armour.com). I was wondering if anyone would recommend doing gap armour in MA? It will be a more expensive option, but perhaps less messy and longer lasting.
Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

My PB prefers sikaflex to deck-o-seal. It lasts 3 or 4 years around here with the soil movement. We've done it twice since 2012 and its time for some more. I haven't seen anything about gap armour before.

When they did mine they used a 2-part Sikaflex product that was fairly liquid. He put it in a bottle with a pour nozzle and poured it in the joint after mixing.

Ooh, me too. Mine is due. pooldv, any additional details on what exactly was used?

When I last did mine, I made two mistakes:

- I used a cheaper "big box" version of Sikaflex. It did not perform, didn't not last well, did not self level all that great, and expanded. Not again.

- I sprinkled sand on top. Very grout like, no slip. That worked well. But I made the mistake of patting it in, which only left finger-shaped divots. Next time, I'll try the sand again, but not touch it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.