New Above Ground Pool

Aug 10, 2018
Stockton CA
This was a Reply to this Thread https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/171126-New-sand-pump on how I did my conversion pool.
Hi new here just did 16in sand filter & 3/4hp pump conversion with INTEX ECO-5110 salt system on my summer waves 17X52 pool and kept the spaghetti plumbing down to a minimum. Just did some research on youtube lots of spaghetti plumbing on there :uhh:. By the way Here some pictures of my setup.

IMG_20180810_143951979_HDR_zpso2tlwb34.jpg

IMG_20180810_143923667_HDR_zpssup1xmr1.jpg

Attachments

• ea2bb619-49b3-4257-9015-828b8dfb7429_zpsfzldn07o.jpg
    ea2bb619-49b3-4257-9015-828b8dfb7429_zpsfzldn07o.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Nice set up. Using black pipe to maximize the sun's heat transfer. Is the pool on concrete?

Also the plywood under the pump, will not that rot? Why not just put it on a pad of some sort?

The black pipe I used it because I had left over from a plumbing job I did a while back so why buy more when I can make use of what I have on hand. for the heat transfer I don't think it made any difference my pool temp runs about 89-93 degrees depending on outside temperature. Yes my pool is on a concrete patio . For the plywood not worrying about it rotting it was only $20.00 I just using it to mount my sand filter / pump / chlorine generator to it.

The black pipe I used it because I had left over from a plumbing job I did a while back so why buy more when I can make use of what I have on hand. for the heat transfer I don't think it made any difference my pool temp runs about 89-93 degrees depending on outside temperature. Yes my pool is on a concrete patio . For the plywood not worrying about it rotting it was only $20.00 I just using it to mount my sand filter / pump / chlorine generator to it.

Is the black pipe galvanized pipe usually used for gas lines?
Is there a benefit to mounting the equipment on wood? Ours works fine on patio blocks unmounted.

Is the black pipe galvanized pipe usually used for gas lines?
Is there a benefit to mounting the equipment on wood? Ours works fine on patio blocks unmounted.
The black pipe is ABS for standard sink plumbing it dont make a difference to me not running high PSI through them it's a simple setup that works great. For mounting the equipment to the wood that's personal preference for me and if I need to move it it will not fall off the wood.

The black pipe is ABS for standard sink plumbing it dont make a difference to me not running high PSI through them it's a simple setup that works great. For mounting the equipment to the wood that's personal preference for me and if I need to move it it will not fall off the wood.

Thanks. Makes sense. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.