Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a Sundance Altamar series 880 Hot Tub. It is probably seven or eight years old, I bought it new. A few months ago I had a flo indicator flashing on my display screen, and I replaced the flow switch and it corrected the problem. Today I noticed the flo flashing again and the water temperature was low. I removed the flow switch and messed around a bit with it and it seems fine. Water temp is at 98°, and whenever I raise the temperature above that point you can hear a buzzing kick on on what I presume to be the circulation motor. I followed the wires from the particular motor to the control board and unplugged it and sure enough the buzzing stops. The shaft in the motor spins freely, but I’m thinking since it is probably nearly 8 years old it’s probably the motor? I’m just trying to be sure before I order a replacement motor. Any help or advice would be extremely appreciated. The spa has two other pumps and a air bubble option all three of those work so all those pumps are working.

Also I noticed in the flow switch, there appears to be some air in it, not sure if that’s normal or not. When I kick on other pumps that switch does not seem to close, is it supposed to? When I took that flow switch a part the little contact moves freely, but I noticed when the other pumps are running it does not move to what I would call the closed position, maybe it’s not supposed to, I do not know. I’m thinking maybe that switch only is connected to the circulation pump?
Thx

Are you taking care to refill you tub thru the filter basin? This helps avoid air getting trapped in the pipes and giving you the "Flo" alarm.

Do you have the manual for the spa? If not I can upload it to you. Let me know.

Maddie :flower:

Yippee.. in all the years I have owned this and all the times I have refilled it I have never done that. So should I try to put a hose in my filter compartment and force-feed the airlines to force air out? I guess it will not explain why the motor creates a buzzing sound when it tries to achieve a set temp higher than current temperature.

Yippee.. in all the years I have owned this and all the times I have refilled it I have never done that. So should I try to put a hose in my filter compartment and force-feed the airlines to force air out? I guess it will not explain why the motor creates a buzzing sound when it tries to achieve a set temp higher than current temperature.

Well, that *is* what the manual says to do...... so let me upload the manual to you. It has trouble shooting tips in there so it may help.

https://www.sundancespas.com/media/3475/880-series_english.pdf

See if this helps :)

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.