16x48 intex pool automatic cleaner question

Jul 12, 2015
midland tx
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I have a intex 16x48 i was wondering what you guys are using to vacuum the floor? i think i just have the stock 1500gph pump it take filet a/c and it did just fine 2 years ago when i had it. I was looking at that aqua bug butt think i would need a new pump as well ? any advice thanks.

I have an 18' x 48", and originally had the Intex 14" Sandfilter with 3/4HP pump, & vacuuming was marginal at best. I would get about 3/4 done with the pool and the suction would start to drop as the filter was ready for a backwash.

I recommend you go with at least the Intex 16" sandfilter with 3/4HP pump if you want to stick with Intex. If you go with a different brand (Hayward, etc) you will need to do some adapting to get it all to hook up properly, but in the long run it is really worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GSPHS7...t=&hvlocphy=9003345&hvtargid=pla-362775881007

I have the Aqua Bug (Wanda the Whale) and with my new Hayward pump & filter it works great! I put it in the pool, and come back in an hour or so and the bottom is spotless. I don't know if that could be said if still using the Intex system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.