Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question on Colorlogic pool light, is one enough?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question on Colorlogic pool light, is one enough?

I am just getting ready to install a 16X40X24 Grecian L shape vinyl pool. I was thinking of only putting 1 Colorlogic light on the outside edge, near the center of the pool. I was thinking this would cover the entire pool, not leaving any shadow spots. My builder wants to charge me 1000 for an aditional light. Is one light enough, or should I press for 2 and make him give me a more reasonable price?

Thanks, Chuck
    16X24X40 Grecian L Vinyl Pool - Dig 9/4/2007 and first swim 9/21/2007
    Located in Ohio Approx 27K gallons
    Pentair Whisperflow 1 HP 2-speed Pump
    Hayward Sand Filter Jandy AE2500 Heat Pump
    Autopilot Dig-220 w/sc-60 cell

2. Back To Top    #2

I would go for two, you will be a lot happier in the long run. The LED's arent as bright as your typical bulb. We have two in a vinyl 16x34 pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have one in a 13,000 pool and wish we had opted for 2. We placed it in the deep end and it is so beautiful on that side but pretty dull in shallow end. If I had it to do again..... 2.

~Andrea
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, since it is a big pool, I think I am set on getting 2 now. Let me ask this question now. How much should I pay for 2 Colorlogic lights, installed. I won't tell you what the estimate was..... as I think it is too high!!
    16X24X40 Grecian L Vinyl Pool - Dig 9/4/2007 and first swim 9/21/2007
    Located in Ohio Approx 27K gallons
    Pentair Whisperflow 1 HP 2-speed Pump
    Hayward Sand Filter Jandy AE2500 Heat Pump
    Autopilot Dig-220 w/sc-60 cell

5. Back To Top    #5

Ours is a SAM light, not colorlogic and we paid 300.00.

~Andrea
    ~Andrea

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

6. Back To Top    #6

I think the sam is different as it uses a halogen bulb and a rotating color wheel. The Colorlogics use LED's. I don't know what the cost of ours was as it wasnt broken down in our quote when we had the pool installed. Apparently there are new colorlogics out that are suppose to be much brighter than the set I have, so maybe 1 is good enough. The only drawback is that because you have an "L", its not going to be able to light up the entire pool at once. If you look at it in the long run, the LED's last much much longer and use less energy than your standard halogen bulb.

7. Back To Top    #7

I can't say for sure on the colorlogic but I just had 3 Nexus Savi 12v Leds installed in my 41 x 22 pool (mountain pond shape). We debated for some time and the builder thought we were going to have overkill with the # of lights. 3 is almost perfect. In retrospect, 4 would have actually been OK but we're happy with 3. None of the lights face the main deck directly. Also hooked up so 2 run independently of the other, along with a spa light so depending on needs can control amount of light. All can be coordinated through the Aqualogic control system so colors can be synced. I probably spent more time researching the lights (and the control system) than anything else and I'm very happy with the look. The Savi lights are small (spa size niche) which is another plus. If this is a new pool, I would think no more than $600 - $700 installed, the lights are about $500 or so for the Savi but I don't think the Colorlogic is that different in price.
    22x42 Mountain pond vinyl liner w/polymerwalls Custom concrete steps and bench with spa jets
    7' round spa with stepped spillover
    Hayward 1-1/2hp pump and 500lb sand filter
    Pentair booster pump for polaris 280
    Savi 12v LED lights - 3-pool 1-spa (very nice)
    RayPak 8300ti heat pump
    Goldline PS8 contol system (worth every $)w/Aquapod remote (also worth every $)
    Goldline chlorine generator
    Blower for spa jets (a bit overpowered)
    Polaris Deck Jets

8. Back To Top    #8
    you should probably be looking at roughly $1,500 installed.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

9. Back To Top    #9
    My Color Logics were $1200 installed (New Pool Build). That includes 2 in the pool and one in the spa.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8