already have Polaris 380, thinking about pool blaster or dolphin?

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
There is a Polaris 380 in this pool already and is on a schedule cleaning up the pool as much as it could. It doesn't climb up on the steps at the two ends of the pool, but does a decent job on the floor. I was thinking about other electric pool cleaners.

- Does a Pool blaster max Li, do a much better job than the Polaris 380 (scr?
- Pool blaster does not seem to have a scrubber, but the Centennial model does, but Centennial seems less powerful.
- Perhaps a Dolphin N+. Can it scrub the walls and the floor obviating all manual brushing?
- How much more benefit will I see with Pool blaster models or Dophin N+, over and above that of a Polaris 380?

My time taken to clean/brush/vacuum the pool:
- Dolphin N+ requires a 120V supply and needs to run for a couple of hours apparently to clean the pool. But I only have to prepare for it and do my weekly work around the yard while the Dolphin N+ is doing its work.
- Pool blaster max Li - it is a manual work, and likely to take about 30 mins. Perhaps since I have the Polaris 380, might I only have to do a spot-vacuuming? It is cheap enough that I might just buy it and use it for that purpose.

I also have a weekly pool service and the technician does the pool vacuuming and brushing. I am worried that the pool service equipment may bring in algae and bugs from other pools (they also work with commercial/public pools) when they share the equipment.

Pool Blaster Max is for small clean up jobs, all manually performed by you.

A Dolphin robot will vacuum as well as brush the floors and walls up to the water line. All that is required of you is to push the button, and even that can be set up for a weeks worth of automatic cycles.

Comparing the two is like apples to oranges.

You've got more risks than outside algae from using a pool service. Badly managed chemical levels being the main one. Wasted money being another....

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.