Cannot find jets in my pool

Jun 22, 2018
Toronto, ON
Finally water in pool crystal clear and I cannot found jest. I inspect all walls, swipe walls by hands and nothing, no jets.
There is very old discolored liner in the pool, so jest not exist long time.
The only hole in the pool is equalizer port located under the skimmer.
Yes, I checked, its equalizer.

The story:
This rental house and pool was not opened 2 years and was opened by.... I think it was plumber, sent by home owner.
He said return line clogged and made this

But.... return line gone into ground.
It it possible jet located on bottom, 10 feet deep? I cannot see what there. but looks nothing.
The only thing is small amount of outbound water goes into skimmer through very little jet on the top of skimmer and spin water there.
I did not found any picture in internet where return line goes into skimmer
may be this, but it does not looks like my skimmer and there are only 2 holes in skimmer, suction and equalizer.
skimmer_renvent_dia.jpg

In plaster pool jets may sealed up because of some problem, but pool not plaster, old discolored liner there and no jets
Pool 40x20', liner cost a lot, I cannot trust old owner put new liner many years ago and sealed up jets, its stupid

How its possible?

I've never seen a skimmer that works like that. Usually a skimmer with two holes means that one hole takes water to the pump. The other hole is either closed off and does not move water, or it brings water from a main drain. Now I do recall another pool owner recently who had no wall return jets, only "floor" returns. Maybe yours is the same way?

That sure is some green water. Are you getting ready to start a SLAM Process process to clear the water? It sure would be nice to see through clear water so you know what's down there.

SLAM is finished, water clear
Second hole in skimmer is equalizer port, it's not going drain, it going to hole 5 inch below skimmer.

Pool is deep, looks like no drain. No extra pipes, suction to skimmer and return to nowhere.

If return jet somewhere on the bottom, how it can be winterized without scuba dive?

I'd love to see more pics of this older pool just because I dig older pools.

I guess its possible that the last time a liner was changed they covered up return, which you'll never know for sure until you have to get a new liner. Odd, huh?

Maddie :flower:

I just arrive home, was out 10 days and my wife never vacuum pool
I vacuum it after photos and water become cloudy.
This photos shows Crystal clear water.

Heater not working and it costs $6 USD to warm water to 1° F using electricity. Too expensive.

Basket in skimmer holded by brick.

It picture shows return line to skimmer.

after looking at the pomp pictures and seeing what looks like an abandoned underground line, I would suspect that it went bad at some point and when they did a liner change the covered the return and added the above ground one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool was closed 2 years, house was vacant 2 years.
I rent it 1.5 month ago, return line was connected to underground pipe.

Above ground pipe was made 1 month ago

Looks like it aquagenie. So... return connected to skimmer front grill? I can unscrew front grill and clean it?

So return line connected only to scimmer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.