DMS2014

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Houston, Texas
5b9c3af12b2adfa55c9592be0caa764b.jpg

They are everywhere on our wall!!!!

You certainly don't want pesticides in the water, so what I do is simply let them fall in the pool (or help them in) so they get pulled to my skimmer sock. For ants around the perimeter I use granules or sprays that are safely away from the pool.

I had an ant infestation after the a party we had on the 4th. I use the method outlined in this article: How to Kill Ants That Live on Orange Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate

I'm not sure if Borax can be used as a substitute for boric acid. I ordered the boric acid from Amazon.com : 2 Pk, Boric Acid Roach Outdoor.

I added about a tablespoon of corn syrup to my last batch and it attracted ants immediately and killed them off within a couple of days. I've used this method around our fruit and orange trees also. The strategy is to create a mixture that does not kill the ants immediately. Instead, they carry it back to the nest to kill the queen. No queen=No colony.

You certainly don't want pesticides in the water, so what I do is simply let them fall in the pool (or help them in) so they get pulled to my skimmer sock. For ants around the perimeter I use granules or sprays that are safely away from the pool.

Problem is they are ALL OVER the wall. They are circling just outside the coping like a race track!

- - - Updated - - -

I had an ant infestation after the a party we had on the 4th. I use the method outlined in this article: How to Kill Ants That Live on Orange Trees | Home Guides | SF Gate

I'm not sure if Borax can be used as a substitute for boric acid. I ordered the boric acid from Amazon.com : 2 Pk, Boric Acid Roach Outdoor.

I added about a tablespoon of corn syrup to my last batch and it attracted ants immediately and killed them off within a couple of days. I've used this method around our fruit and orange trees also. The strategy is to create a mixture that does not kill the ants immediately. Instead, they carry it back to the nest to kill the queen. No queen=No colony.

I will try this. If you have a moment, could you post a pic of your pool? I've never seen black marble pebble-tec plaster in a pool...

Pour boiling water on them from a tea kettle. Especially if they are the kind that walk a line, they die immediately. You will need to do it a couple of times, but non-toxic and effective. No kids and no bare feet when you’re doing it, tho! Boric acid works too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.