How to hide the pool equipment.

Oh, this is really nice too! I love the shelves.
NOw, I see you have black marble Pebble Tec. I need a picture of that! It has to be awesome.

Looks very nice!

Take lots of pics from varying angles and include a tape measure or yard stick to locate your pipes. If you decide to build or dig around the pad, you will want to be certain you don't do any damage.

I chose the cedar fencing because my pad was built on sloped and uneven ground. Using perpendicular planks allows you to follow the slope of the ground. All the siding was screwed so it can be removed for servicing equipment and replaced if it rots. The pressure treated framing should last for many years. Use only hardware compatible with pressure treated wood.

I had some height limitations on my structure (an apple tree) so it only sits about 6" above the top of the filter. I made the portion of the roof above the filter lift-able so I could remove the filter cover for cleaning. A couple of wood supports rotate up to keep the roof elevated during servicing. I vented the heater out the back of the structure.

Someone questioned airflow within the enclosure. My only concern is when I run the heater, which is pretty rare. The siding allows airflow between the planks and there is some space between the ground on the bottom edge of the planks. I usually leave a door open while heating or I can raise the roof if really needed. I've run the heater with the doors fully closed and have experienced no fault codes.

I have some above average DIY skills so I just took it one step at a time. I added some shelving in a dead area of the enclosure for floats, hoses, toys, and supplies. At the risk of my work being critically assessed, I'll attach some additional pics for reference.

View attachment 82526View attachment 82527
View attachment 82529View attachment 82530View attachment 82531View attachment 82533

- - - Updated - - -

No, the retaining wall will be up to the level of the equipment pad, to build it all the way up would be $$$. Whatever structure we decide on will start about a foot or two behind the retaining wall. This will leave room for plantings.
We are going to plant along the fence line to create a privacy line. Though you can not tell from these pictures it is already pretty private.

Is the retaining wall going to be tall enough to hide the equipment? If not I think I would build a horizontal slat structure on top of the wall and paint/stain it to match the house. It could also give a little bit of privacy from the neighbors.

Ours is pretty close to yours. Right now, it is still out in the open. We like to impress the visitors with the complex plumping and multiple pumps - just kidding.

We are planning to enclose it on three sides with a 4’ fence to block it but still provide access to the equipment from the back and with a walk around area.

Can see it in the back right of this picture:
65cedafd3f6902be400f10c8f2998772.jpg

77cb0b47267ccdf2d457a5ca72ede8b8.jpg

Depending on the height of the retaining wall a simple fence may work too.

View attachment 82525

This is exactly what we are doing, but higher up and no vertical fence at all because it will be against the house, right next to our small "changing"/pool room attached to the garage. Our black aluminum fence will run up to one side of it. We are also planning on a small rock bed area with diy outdoor shower head to rinse/wash hair. My girls like to wash their hair after a swim. We found this idea as well as some other great ideas on pinterest!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.