Acid demand test question

What is your total alkalinity (TA)? Which acid demand reagent and comparator tube (for pH) are you using? One drop of acid demand reagent should not drop the pH that far unless your TA is very low.

I couldn't tell if my pH was 7.8 or 8.0 and higher. So, I did a acid demand test. After one drop the water went orange around the 7.2 level. Does this mean my pH was more like 7.8?
No. The acid demand test is just that: the acid demand. It says nothing about pH. The difference in acid to go from 7.8 to 7.2 with 40 TA versus 200 TA is 28 versus 113! So you see that the pH isn't what really determines the dose, it;'s more the TA.

Just plug pH and TA into poolmath and let it calculate the dose or you. With 50 TA, you don't need to aim for 7.2, either. Maybe 7.6. I get nine fluid ounces of 31% Muriatic Acid. Just over a cup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.