Cya -350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
I started a new post because I’m scared this pool is going to turn green. The CYA was at 400 After dumping out 5,000 gallons I’m at 300 now and still refilling pool. Have about 1000 or 2000 gallons to go. I will dump out 5,000 more water in 3 days but should I add alg-60 at this time? Pool water is sparkling clean PH - is 7.4. Just the FC is off the chart also. I haven’t put in any liquid chlorine in - 3 days now. Please help

How in the world did you get to 400 ppm CYA? That's like... a feat for someone even TRYING let alone it happening by accident?

That's a lot of stabilizer. You need to get that down pretty well below 100 and somewhat fast. I have to wonder if your test results
are accurate. How was the testing done, did you do it yourself or did you have someone at a pool store do it? If you did it yourself,
are your reagents reasonably fresh?

If the 300 is an accurate CYA number, your better off draining the entire pool and refilling it.

How in the world did you get to 400 ppm CYA? That's like... a feat for someone even TRYING let alone it happening by accident?

That's a lot of stabilizer. You need to get that down pretty well below 100 and somewhat fast. I have to wonder if your test results
are accurate. How was the testing done, did you do it yourself or did you have someone at a pool store do it? If you did it yourself,
are your reagents reasonably fresh?

If the 300 is an accurate CYA number, your better off draining the entire pool and refilling it.

I completely agree with this as well.

With a vinyl liner pool there are risks with a complete drain. Depends how old the liner is and what the water level is around the pool. You can only assess the risk on site.

There is a method to do a water exchange pumping water out of one end of the pool and adding water to the other end. It depends on the temperature differential of the pool water vs. the fill water.

Starting a new post only confused your issue further. Folks trying to help you are pretty lost

My suggestion is you go back to your old post and verify how many gallons in your pool and go from there.

I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.