Cloudy deep-end for days

ctrinh

Jun 28, 2018
Derry, NH
Started SLAMMING since 6/30 after installing a new filter (went from DE to Cartridge). Deep-end still seems cloudy and only improving slightly. I'm brushing the walls, floors, then vacuuming. Have the dolphin dx4s running throughout the day (3 hours each time) and it doesn't seem like it's picking up much nor the filter in it is getting green.

Not sure what else to do besides checking FC level and bringing it back to shock. At night it dropped from 16 to 13/14. Will be heading back to work tomorrow and not sure if I'm able to brush nor vacuum (leave at 5AM for commute) and won't be home until 7PM. Any suggestions?

Testing as of today:
FC: 16
CC: .5-1
pH: 7.6
CYA: 35-40
TA: 120

Pictures as of 7/6:

Pictures as of this afternoon:

If the pressure is not going up, then there is no need to clean the filter. We recommend cleaning when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.

Is your gauge working? Going to 0 when pump is off?

Gauge is working and yes it goes to 0 when turned off. My pool is about 23000 gallons and surface area is 225. The cartridge filter can go up to 325. Maybe that’s why it’s still clean when rinsing the inside.

Thanks! So at night, I only lose .5-1ppm of FC, but pool deep end is still cloudy green. Would expect it to 2-4ppm loss with algae or whatever is in there.

Last night
FC: 16
CYA: 40

This morning:
FC: 15.5

Don’t know what’s really going on with this pool. Patience is getting to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.