Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid Stabilizer - How Long to Retest?

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquid Stabilizer - How Long to Retest?

I read in Pool School about the time interval before retesting after using solid stabilizer.
    How long is sufficient to wait to retest after adding liquid stabilizer (pump running 24hrs)? I would think 24hrs would be sufficient to thoroughly mix.
    new in 2009 - 18' x 36' IG vinyl liner, 23,300 gallons
    24" sand filter w/ 1.5hp pump
    Polaris 280 cleaner w/ booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquid Stabilizer - How Long to Retest?

That would be extra safe. You could probably test after an hour. The liquid stabilizer dissolves in the water fairly readily so should register correctly on the test after it gets mixed by circulation. It's actually already somewhat dissolved in water as a slurry in the container.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Liquid Stabilizer - How Long to Retest?

Thanks very much!!
    Would have been nice to have the pool company know what they are doing and get me started right, but TFP seems to be doing it for me.
    new in 2009 - 18' x 36' IG vinyl liner, 23,300 gallons
    24" sand filter w/ 1.5hp pump
    Polaris 280 cleaner w/ booster pump