Searching for builders in Arkansas

Jun 23, 2018
Dewitt, Arkansas
Hello all. I live in DeWitt Arkansas. Needlessly to say, there are no pool builders here! Lol. We will likely have to find builders in the Little Rock or Memphis area. Any suggestions will be great. We have 44 oak trees on our 1.33 acre lot... yes , 44. It is miserable. We have a relatively large clear area in our backyard, plenty large enough for a pool, however, we plan to have appx 6 trees removed over the next month to just aid in decreasing the shade and decreasing debrit. (If I could afford it, I would cut them all!) Also, our ground is red clay, that goes from wet mush to dry & rock hard regularly. We bought our home about 15 yrs ago & I decided that despite our tree and ground problems, I am going to try the pool I desperately want. Most people that have pools in Dewitt have vinyl liner pools, but frequently complain about having problems with their liner due to our ground shifting & have to purchase new liners sooner than average. Should I just suck it up and go with the liner? Would the concrete /gunite crack like many foundations built here? Is fiberglass the answer? Honestly, I want a large tanning ledge and a small / medium swimming area that maxes out around 5 feet deep. Any experience with builders and prices in our area would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to be swimming during spring break, so I have a bit of time :)

44???? :shock: oh my! Your leaf fall must be massive!!

Finding builders..............we say get on the phone and start calling. Try to get at least 5 quotes if possible. Drive around your area and see if you see any current builds and take down the number and call them or wait by the truck to talk to someone doing the work.

If you take care of your water the TFP way your liner will last a lot longer than theirs did. The ground really has nothing to do with how long a liner lasts. Now it might mess up the walls of the pool but not the liner.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.