Dolphin S300

May 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well after reading a gazillion posts on robots, and doing the math, visiting a semi-local dealer, I finally made a decision and went with the S300. I don't need a phone app, just a cleaner I can turn on and off, and so glad I got the cart (comes with the S300).

All I can say is my pool had no cleaner for 8 months and the bottom was coated in sand (eroding from coping), green walls, and just a mess. Ran the S300 a couple of 2 hr cycles a day, and it was clean as a whistle.

So far I love it, it goes above tile line great, don't know if it's really covering all the walls and swim decks, but it's working. Pool is the cleanest it's ever been.

I do take it out and wash it off with clean water after every run, BUT I am only now putting it in the pool every couple of days or less.

FYI, bought from Marina, smooth easy deal.

You may find the app handier than you think.

I only used my bot (M500) for the first time last weekend.

I found some of the options only availble via the app could come in handy.

Even the manual driving option is handy. When mine finished I simply drove to the shallow end near one of my corners where it makes it more convenient for me to lift it out of my pool.

yes, thanks I did, but tell me what's the purpose? All I see is that I can manually move it (didn't try), is that like if I want it to cover a certain area? Also is 2 hours the max?

They advertise the ability to manually control the bot for the times it may miss a spot or two in auto mode.

This might be more of an issue with complex shaped pools where the bot might be challenged more.

My M500 has the following run time options... 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 Hrs. The available options probably vary with different models so your S300 might not have exactly the same options.

Below is a screen capture of the timer selection screen within the app when its connected to my M500 - It always defaults to 2.5Hrs upon switching on the bot.

ovIPEB.jpg

You can simply pull it over by its cord. That's what the instructions recommend. It's effectively weightless under water.

Yes granted... I just find it convenient to bring it out of the water at the same end of my pool near where the bot lives out if the water. Makes it easier to manage the cable as I dont have to wheel the bot around with the cable too much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All I can say is my pool had no cleaner for 8 months and the bottom was coated in sand (eroding from coping), green walls, and just a mess. Ran the S300 a couple of 2 hr cycles a day, and it was clean as a whistle.

HI,

I just got my new s300 from MArina. My pool is also coated in a sand. I have run it 3 times now. It is getting better. I guess I thought it would suck up all the sand the first go around. But as it moves around it kicks up some powder into the water. Also it keeps missing the corners in the deep end. I will try the app. We have a ledge too that I will have to brush down. Well now that I see you had to run yours multiple times also I am not worried mine is defective anymore. I was even thinking of taking it apart with the screwdriver, but it being brand new I guess it would be clean in there. It also doesnt like the sharp ledges it kind of loses its balance and goes flat after.

Karen

16x32 vinyl inground pool

yes it's not perfect, but it sure works better than my old Hayward Viper which did a good job of cleaning. This is a lot better, scrubs and it did get all the sand. I do have to brush the swim deck, but that's ok, takes a few seconds. Also I tried driving it, that is not an easy task, it's easier just to brush those few spots and let the S300 pick it up in the bottom. Yes I guess the S300i would be nice to have longer clean times, etc... but heck I just go turn it on for another round. I am a proud owner, so I have been taking out and rinsing with clean water, storing in the shade. The one thing I am unclear on is which filter to use, or lets say I am only using the pleated paper filters as they do the job, maybe that is why your sand is not cleaning, are you using the mesh filters? I have the mesh stored away as I see no reason to use them.

The one thing I am unclear on is which filter to use, or lets say I am only using the pleated paper filters as they do the job, maybe that is why your sand is not cleaning, are you using the mesh filters? I have the mesh stored away as I see no reason to use them.

The best option is to get a mesh outer basket (comes with the 300i, optional on the rest) and use the pleated filters in the basket itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.