Intex valve issue

Jul 14, 2014
Bowling Green, KY
why does Intex change something that worked just fine?? We’ve owned Intex pools for years (we are on our 4th pool) and have never had issues until now. We purchased a 32x16 rectangle this year and they have changed the intake valve! Now there are two small intakes instead of one large. Didn’t think anything about it until today when I went to vacuum and realized that while the hose and connector would fit, there’s a strainer built in the connection which means that anything larger than dirt will clog the connector. I really don’t want to cut a hole in the pool to replace it with the larger strainer that used to come with the pools (they were so much better than these cheesy parts that came with this pool)....that being said anyone got any ideas of what to replace these strainers with so I can clean my pool????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.