Brick coping with SWG

Aug 14, 2016
Austin
Just this afternoon I received my Hayward Aqua Logic Control Plus PL-PLUS with 40K Salt Cell that I intend to install this weekend. While sitting on the edge of my spa getting ready to take an initial salinity reading to know how much salt to add, I had a troublesome thought pop into my head.

Per the pic linked below my 32 year old pool has brick coping above tile at the waterline. Particularly concerning is that the water overflows this same brick coping at the spa. There is tile along the waterline and also under the spa overflow coping until it hits the water.

Am I asking for problems if I make the switch from using liquid chlorine to SWG?

I have enough drama these days and I stroked the not small check for the SWG and pool automation to create less drama/work in my life.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice offered.

-Trevor in Austin

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hgyP9L8gtZgaLKA38

(I don't have enough storage left on my TFP account for another pic).

I don’t think so. I had brick coping installed with my salt pool a couple of years ago. I haven’t seen any issues because of it. Relatively speaking it is a small amount of salt 3300 ppm which is a small fraction of the salinity of the ocean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.