Pool leak

Jun 21, 2018
Pensacola
A week or so ago i noticed my pool level had dropped overnight by a good 3 inches or so. I let it drain down and it stop just above the skimmer entrance. I turned off the skimmers and over the next 24 hours it dropped maybe another 1/4 to 1/2 inch which I assume could be attributed to evaporation. Anyway, I also assumed the leak was somewhere just above the level where it stopped leaking so I added some more water about an inch above that point and proceeded to inject dye around the skimmers and other areas along that line but there was no leak detected. I don't know maybe I was missing something by not using the dye properly. I used food color and squeezed a very small amount in what I thought could be leak areas but got no sucking in of the dye as I heard it described. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.