Hole in liner! Is this a seam?

I had a new liner installed last fall. Found a huge hole today. Is this the fault of the manufacturer, installer or other? Looks like it’s on the seam.... pics attached, black spot by step

Attachments

• A8948540-A647-4A73-AE44-D772A09AFE74.jpg
    A8948540-A647-4A73-AE44-D772A09AFE74.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 84
  • C08FCEC5-23CB-4DDE-B353-CE1AA25F68B5.jpg
    C08FCEC5-23CB-4DDE-B353-CE1AA25F68B5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 85
Good luck with the manufacturer. To me, that corner looks rounded and not stretched into the corner. I bet there was a bad cold weld, and when someone went to step out they stepped on the rounded corner with no backing, and stressed the weak spot.

Good luck with the manufacturer. To me, that corner looks rounded and not stretched into the corner. I bet there was a bad cold weld, and when someone went to step out they stepped on the rounded corner with no backing, and stressed the weak spot.

Installer seems confident that it’s no issue and manufacturer will honor warranty. I noticed it was rounded, installer said that’s intentional and it’s installed with a backing that is curved. It seems really squishy now, probably due to all the water behind it!

Only issue now is they stopped selling my pattern. Said it had failures so was discontinued. Now I’m hoping they have one we like. I still lose all that water and chemicals to balance again. They patched it for now so we can use until the new one is installed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.