New intex pool, fresh fill order

Jul 3, 2017
Cambridge, Ont
Hi guys. Been doing a lot of reading around this site as my pool is filling. I'm about 80 % filled and am still unsure as to the best order to start adding my chemicals.
I haven't added anything yet, so chlorine and cya levels are 0. I have liquid 10% chlorination liquid, even though I'm using a swg.
I'm thinking get cya going in a sock, then adding either liquid chlorine, or salt in it to get the swg going.
Or, should I get ph balanced before anything?
Thanks in advance for your responses!

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Did you get the TF100 as you state in the signature?

Test for pH and adjust to 7.4 or so. Add 30 ppm CYA. Keep 3 ppm FC in the water.

Once stable. Add salt. Start SWCG. Add CYA powder to raise it to 70 ppm. Use LC to raise FC to target level for that CYA. Adjust SWCG to create sufficient chlorine each day to maintain your FC at or above target level at all times.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Did you get the TF100 as you state in the signature?

Test for pH and adjust to 7.4 or so. Add 30 ppm CYA. Keep 3 ppm FC in the water.

Once stable. Add salt. Start SWCG. Add CYA powder to raise it to 70 ppm. Use LC to raise FC to target level for that CYA. Adjust SWCG to create sufficient chlorine each day to maintain your FC at or above target level at all times.

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, being in canada, tf refuses to ship here, so I have to wait until mid July for a relative that's is going to the US to pick one up for me.
I'll start on the ph now. From the test strips, looks like in running around 8.5 so I'll get some ph reducer in there.
How long after ph - goes in should I wait to add cya and chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.