aa1113's conversion

aa,

When did you start the conversion?

How were you testing the water prior to getting your kit last Wednesday?

How much chlorine were you putting into your pool prior to getting your kit?

How long has the water been crystal clear?

I have the new filter here. I have some CYA but I think I need more. I have 16 ounce

When did you start the conversion?- 2 weeks ago this Thursday

How were you testing the water prior to getting your kit last Wednesday? Wal-mart kit

How much chlorine were you putting into your pool prior to getting your kit? About a gallong and a half a day

How long has the water been crystal clear?For about a week

FC results:

Sunday 6:15 PM = 1 added a gallon
Sunday 6:55 Pm= 16.5
Sunday 9:35 PM= 12.5 added some chlorine

Monday 7:15 Am= 11.5 added 1/4
Monday 7:15 PM= 1 added a gallon
Monday 8:00= 14
Monday 9:40= 15 but water had a little yellow color once it was clear

Tuesday 6:50= 11.5 added 1/4

Again is very hot and windy here. Today 105 degrees.

I am running the filter about 8 hours. 3 in the morning and 5 in the evenning. My neighbors are not crazy about the noise at night.

Thanks

Sorry 3 weeks this Thursday.

Add by weight or by volume of stabilizer
or add of liquid stabilizer.
Sorry to say I don't know what the difference is"by weight or by volume"

I just went out there and I have a lot of dirt from the wind. Cleaned the sock in the skimmer and took some of the dirt out. The pool also need some water. Should I add it now or wait?

Also the pool store told us the water sample turned blue for phosphate and we should use half bottle and half of the clarifier. Have not used it yet.

FC= 1 again 6:30 PM Why does it go down so much during the day?

You got the granular stabilizer so it's by weight. You'll need another 16 oz container if that's how it's packaged

Wait on adding the water as long as it doesn't get below the skimmer and start sucking air.

Please disregard the phosphate and clarifier.....they will not help and only cost you more money.

Sunlight kills off the chlorine during the day (it won't later when your conversion is complete. That's why I like to see chlorine added twice in the evening (after the sun is off the pool) and once in the early morning before the sun gets on the pool.

New results and some good news:

7:30 PM Tuesday FC= 15
9:20 PM FC=13 added 1/4
This morning- 6:45 AM FC= 14.5 :whoot: Since we are expecting another hot and windy day added 1/8.

Water not quite at the skimmer yet but will be soon. We are only allowed to use large quantity of water on Mondays and Thursdays.

Will return the $53 bottle of phosphate and will get the CYA. Maybe they have the liquid one now.

Again many thanks.

YOu are almost there but are not reporting the overnite test correctly.

Did you make your last FC test at least an hour after your last FC addition? If so, then your OK. If not, test again tonight an hour after your last addition and then tomorrow AM and report back.

Again, you may have done it correctly by waiting one hour before the test but I couldn't tell from your post.

The granular CYA is a lot cheaper and is just as effective. It simply doesn't show up on the test as quickly. I'd save some money and keep the granular but that's your call.

You are very, very close to completing the conversion. YOu will be done when.....
1. Your pool water is sparkling
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

So you have accomplished 1 and 3. Do you know how to do the CC's test? If so, please do that test tomorrow AM and post it with your other FC results. Then you will let your FC come down below 10ppm (on it's own) and post test results for pH and CH....We know your CYA is zero (so don't test for it) and we hope your CC's are .5ppm or less.

I usually test around 6 PM when the sun goes down and add, then again 30-60 minutes later and add, and then again around 9:30 or so and add. I don't test after the 9:30 add. Then again in the AM.

Yes I know how to do the CC per instructions on your test kit. I will do it tomorrow morning and report all the results.

Is the PH and CH test after FC drops under 10?

Your procedure for the overnight FC loss test is incorrect.

Test at least one hour after the last chlorine addition

Do not add any chlorine after the last test.

Do not add any chlorine before you test in the AM

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Latest test results:

6:40 yesterday FC was 0 again. added 1 gallon of chlorine
Retested about 1.5 hours later. FC 15.5. Did not add anything.
This morning 7:45 FC = 15.

It's very hot again so I expect a 0 or so later today when the sun goes down.

Will test CC tomorrow AM.

Thanks everyone

aa.

You are virtually done. With the .5ppm FC overnight loss, I am confident your CC's will be acceptable. (test for them anyway tonight and post it if you can.....but they're gonna be very low.....that's good.

If it were my pool, I would change out the filter and add the CYA (40ppm) tomorrow AM.

Then, I would go swimming on Sunday! :lol: :lol: (Your FC will be down and the CYA will be effective.)

Don't add anymore FC probably 'til Sunday evening (test it) and then only bring it up to about 3-5ppm if it needs it.

Around Tuesday, please post a full set of test results and we'll help you get the pool fine tuned and your all set.

Very nice work! :lol: :lol:

How about the day lost? Today at 6:30 and it was 0 again. I added another gallon.

So you are saying not to add anymore chlorine even if it's 0 when the sun goes down?

Will test FC and CC later tonight. If CC is low, will change filter tomorrow and add CYA. I bought a 4 pound container today, granular.

:cheers: Thanks

So you are saying not to add anymore chlorine even if it's 0 when the sun goes down?
You will not be losing it so fastr once you get the CYA in there.

However, I thought it was Friday when I wrote that so I think you will nee to add FC Saturday night. You could test and see how much FC you have tonight but if the CYA goes in this AM, I think you'll have plenty.

So, let the FC come on down now, but test as needed so it doesn't fall below 3ppm.

Latest results:

Thrusday 9:20 PM FC= 15 CC =3
This morning 7:00 AM FC=15 CC= 1.5

Change the filter and added the CYA.

Will check again tonight

I am getting worry that I am almost out of the R0821.

Many thanks

Sunday evening test results:

FC= 5
CC= 1
PH= 7.7
TA= 210
CYA= 25
CA= 400

If I am understanding correctly as long as I keep the FC between 3-5 and CC 0.5 we are done and can go swimming, correct? I am not adding chlorine tonight.
We changed the filter Friday and added the CYA.

Too bad next week is cooling down.

Thanks for everyone's help.

If I am understanding correctly as long as I keep the FC between 3-5 and CC 0.5 we are done and can go swimming, correct?
Yes. Perhaps keep the FC just a little higher for a week or so....maybe 5-7....that'll help get the CC's on down to .5 or less altho they will come down anyway....just a bit more slowly.

Some more updates. Last night my FC= 1 and the CC 0.5. I added some more chlorine.

It has been very windy this week and there is a lot of dirt in the pool. Plan to clean it this weekend.

Please give me some hints on how to fine tune it and keep it up.

Thanks for all the help

Here are my numbers for Tuesday morning:

FC= 6.5 (added chlorine last night)
CC= 0.5
TA= 120
CH= 380
CYA= 50
PH= 8.2 (it's kind of purplelish)

It seems that the FC goes down to 1 every other day. It's not that hot this week, we are at hight 70sh.

Please advice. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.