Intex PureSpa..Alarm with no code..??

Jun 15, 2018
Huntingdon, PA
Hi... We purchased this spa in 2014. We’ve barely used it. I put it up Memorial Day weekend with no problems. Finally used it this past weekend. Got out of the spa, turned the bubbles off and about 20 minutes later heard the first of the dreaded, high pitched alarm. Played the unplug and replug game..no help. Finally unplugged and tried to learn anything for 2 days. I read about everyone seeing error codes..we still have no error code. Due to our waterproof outlet box covers the huge plug wouldn’t fit in the outlet. Yes, I had it plugged into a thick extension cord. Changed the filters, again, but not being very educated I placed the one cartridge on the upper outlet. Again, alarm and no code. Researched again and was ready to take the pump apart but first I placed the filter on the correct outlet. Kinda forced the plug into the outlet box and ..yay..no alarm, for an hour.
After being on hold with Intex music for 30 minutes I found this forum. I’m hoping, so much, someone can help educate and guide me to a cure.
In advance, thank you for any help or suggestions. I don’t want to box this thing back up and forget about it.

Allison, hello and welcome to our forum. :wave: I'm sorry it's been so long and no one has replied. We try to leave posts untouched so that someone with experience in that area can give you a good answer without disturbing the post. But as a new member, it's been about a week and I wanted to welcome you. Having done that, your post will soar to the top of the que …. for now. But soon it will drop with the others unless someone posts back. So if your issue is still unresolved, feel free to post back and give your thread a quick :bump: back to the top. We hope you get your issues resolved quickly. Thanks for using the forum.

It's possible that it is a low flow alarm if you had the filter screwed onto the return by mistake. You can also get this alarm when the filters get dirty and clogged. Flushing them clean will usually fix it.

Thank you for your response!! I did change both filters even though they weren’t dirty. Still got the alarm and no code. I’ve tried several times since just to turn it back on and I get a series of either 8’s, 6’s or absolutely nothing. I’ve been trying to YouTube any videos and I guess I’ll just have to take it apart.. ugh

Thank you for your response!! I did change both filters even though they weren’t dirty. Still got the alarm and no code. I’ve tried several times since just to turn it back on and I get a series of either 8’s, 6’s or absolutely nothing. I’ve been trying to YouTube any videos and I guess I’ll just have to take it apart.. ugh

Did you ever figure this out? Mine just started doing it as well. No extension cord used. Worked, we had a power outage, now it doesn't work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.