Newbie and Mustard

PH dropped to 7.3. Administered 1.67 gallons of LC per pool calculator to reach 12 ppm. Will check chlorine around 7 A.M. EST

Swg remains at 100%. Pool has remained crystal clear and free of any visible algae for several days but still going to SLAM as I can now adequately test.

Good morning. First check since initial chlorine slam at 9:30 pm last night (9 hour gap).

FC: 14
CC: 1

Overshot a Little I guess (goal was 12 FC). Could be the SWG since it’s at 100%? So I don’t need to add anything but just make sure FC stays above 12 right now?

No need to test anything but FC during a SLAM. pH test is invalid with FC greater than 10 ppm.

CC is really random during the SLAM. At the end, during the morning test of the OCLT, it makes a good indicator.

5:30 update (4 hours since last check)

FC: 11

added another 22ozs if LC to bring fc to 12.

Robot currently cleaning.

Its been raining ALL day, and Im worried that’s somehow impacting this but will remember the words of MKNAUSS who says “keep calm and slam on”

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
7 A.M. update:

FC: 16 ppm. Not sure how I could have jumped 3 ppm overnight (other than SWG chlorine generation), but I did.
CC: 0.75 - was a very very light pink after 1 drop and 2 completely clear, so my guess I’m betwern 0.5 and 1.

Pool is clear.

1. I believe I passed OCLT?

2.Now I let it drift down to 6 ppm and maintain?

3. Do I need to add cya or adjust ph or anything? Cya is about 30-35.

4. Should I keep my SWG on 100%?

SLAM Complete

Hello. I have another post in the Algae section but maybe I can try and post in here to get a few more responses.

Summary: New IG Pool Owner / didn’t know what I was doing / Got mustard algae / used 8 gallons LC two consecutive days / scrubbed/brushed down entire pool/ pool cleared and looked “perfect”/ found this site/ ordered TF100/ added 1 gallon 12.5 % LC nightly until test arrived to maintain/received kit and initial results were:

FC: 2.5
TC: 3.5
Cya: 30
PH: 7.675 (was a light pink between 7.5 and 7.8)

Calcium: 425
Alkalinity: 220

i used MA to lower PH to around 7.3 and began SLAM to keep at 12 ppm over the course of last two days. Last night checked in at 13 ppm.

This morning:

FC: 16 ppm. Not sure how I could have jumped 3 ppm overnight (other than SWG chlorine generation), but I did.
CC: 0.75 - was a very very light pink after 1 drop and 2 completely clear, so my guess I’m betwern 0.5 and 1.

Pool is clear.

1. I believe I passed OCLT?

2.Now I let it drift down to 6 ppm and maintain?

3. Do I need to add cya or adjust ph or anything? Cya is about 30-35.

4. Should I keep my SWG on 100%?

Re: SLAM Complete

Yes but MKNAUSS in a previous post indicated that since my cell is so weak - the t-9 and only gives out 3-4 ppm a day, it was OK to have it on.

OK - so the T9 can put 3.8 ppm of FC in your pool if run 24 hours at 100%. So not a big deal. Leave it on if you like.”

I don’t see that impacting the results since the SWG is so weak, correct? There was only a 9 hour gap overnight and the the net ppm went up (not down) 3 ppm.

I’m at FC of 8 right now.....can I maintain at 6ppm (30 cya) or do I need to keep slamming and go back up to 12 ppm?

I was under tbe impression this whole time the SWG was ok being on based on what MKNAUSS Said since the t-9 was so weak

Well, no one has responded and I didn’t want all my hard work to go to waste so I just added LC to bring it back up to 12 ppm. Maybe someone can give me their thoughts if I’m done...or need to turn off the salt system overnight tonight to test despite what MKNAUSS said?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.