Intermatic transformer connection to 12v SAM light

Aug 12, 2009
I am trying to wire an Intermatic PX300 transformer to a Pentair SAM 12 volt light. The wiring diagram that was once attached inside the door of the transformer is gone. From my GFI outlet, I have a black, white, and green wire (110v). On the transformer, on one side, I have two black wires, and one white wire, and on the other side, I have a blue, a yellow and a black wire. So, which wires do I connect to the power side, coming from my GFI outlet, and which wires do I connect to the SAM light cord? And, I think, the green ground wire coming into the transformer from the power side, and the green wire coming from the SAM light cord should be grounded to the case of the transformer? I have searched the Intermatic net site and can't find a copy of the original wiring diagram. Thanks for any help.

I bought and installed an Intermatic PX300 recently. I've attached photos of the wiring instructions that came with it as well as a picture of the transformer itself. I've included the latter so that you can be sure it looks the same as yours before accepting the intstructions as correct. I have no idea whether older "PX300" transformers might be different for some reason.

Good luck.

Attachments

• TransformerDiagram.JPG
    TransformerDiagram.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Transformer.JPG
    Transformer.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 235
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.