New Rectangular In Ground Build (in progress) Eastern PA

Hoots711

Silver Supporter
May 21, 2018
Souderton
We have completed tile and coping. Pending retaining wall, decking, fence, finish and fill.

Lots of pictures to upload, just waiting for donation status to show up on my profile.

Most of the details are in my sig. Let me know what other info im missing.

- -

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 536
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 497
Tile and Coping
Techo-bloc Black Onyx Bullnose Coping
Techo-bloc Black Onyx Piedimonte Spa and Wall Coping
Techo-bloc G-Force reataining wall
Sky Blue 1x1 Glass Tile (Tile shows some purples/pinks in the sun. unexpected, but pretty cool).

34.jpg36.jpg37.jpg

Random Question for you all.

I have included the manual cover for the pool in my contract. As decking is going in this week or next (stamped concrete) do they need to put in the connections for the cover at time of decking? Or does the cover tie off past the deck?

Deck will be 3' around perimeter with the big seating areas between pool and retaining wall.

Thanks

Hoots what kind of cover? There are covers that just sit on the water then there are some that are hooked to something. If you have the brand and model we might have a better idea of what needs to be done.

Kim:kim:

Hoots what kind of cover? There are covers that just sit on the water then there are some that are hooked to something. If you have the brand and model we might have a better idea of what needs to be done.

Hi Kim, I don't know what kind. Ill check with PB, but this would be a end of season safety cover.

Thankfully my PB hasnt been the kind of guy who tries to push cheap items as "included" with contract. He has been fair to this point.

What should I ask? Is it important that I do it now before decking?

Any other comments or items you see that I should address in the project?

Thank you.

It there are anchors for the cover to attach to they can/should add them now so they can be sat even with the surface of the decking. Ask your PB what he suggests. He really does seem like a stand up guy so far! That is so nice to hear!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Friday was decking day. Stamped silver concrete with charcoal release (random slate)

We were really excited when crew left on day 1, we loved the colors.
rsz_60.jpg
They did the sealing the next day, and we were not expecting it to be so dark! Not the end of the world, we were just a little shocked. Will have a white fence and light colored stone so hoping it looks ok in the end.
rsz_62.jpgrsz_63.jpg

I don't know if we would even mess around with it, but once concrete has been sealed is their anyway to lighten it up? Im assuming it is what it is at this point?

Thanks!

Don't mess with it! Look at how it makes that pretty tile POP!!!! I love it!

Kim:kim: (easy for me to say as I don't have to walk on it..............hoping it is not too hot on your feet)

Thanks Kim, your words are reassuring, especially to my wife who was having a panic attack while watching the seal being applied.

Its growing on me.

This whole process is nerve wrecking!

I love the way this looks! I agree the dark tile might be really hot on the feet, but wow! It sure looks sharp and I can’t wait to see it with the water color!

Thanks Jodie! Hopefully retaining wall is finished today and then we are looking at grading/fence/plaster/fill. Fun times.

Has anyone (especially in the NE US) used turf (synthetic grass) near their pool?

We are trying to figure out what to do with the area next to the shed that will be inside the fence. Basically, there will be no grass from shed edge of pool back to the house. It will be stone and landscaping.

We have a nice area by shed that could have a swing set or some room for our son to run around. Not sure if we want grass.

My concern with the turf products are the little black pieces of rubber they roll into the turf. That seems like a horrible idea to be near a pool.

Thoughts on turf? Other green suggestions? If we are doing something other than grass we would want to do it this year while yard is ripped up.
Thanks

Rubber infill ~16:50 of this video is my concern. ForeverLawn Installation - YouTube

Just a bump to see if anyone has experience with synthetic grass near their pool. (see above post)

Bonus points if you are in NE or similar weather cycles and can comment on how products hold up with our winters.

Thanks!

No idea about synthetic grass but I'll comment on your decking instead...it looks fantastic. I love the contrast between dark and light and I think Kim nailed with her comment about how it ties in with the shed/poolhouse. That's going to look spectacular when it is all finished. Tell your wife to take a deep breath!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.