Nitrates help

Based on the information you posted at the start of this thread, you should check the pool to see if a SLAM Process is needed.

Tonight, do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. Add LC to get to 5 ppm FC or above. Circulate your pool for 30 minutes plus. Test your FC. Record it. Next morning, after circulating your pool for at least 30 minutes, take a water sample and test your FC. If you have lost less than 1 ppm FC and your CC is 0.5 or less, you pass the OCLT.

Let us know how that goes.

Take care.
I'm looking for the exact way to complete the OCLT, but I can't find anything when I searched. Could you explain the steps involved

I'm looking for the exact way to complete the OCLT, but I can't find anything when I searched. Could you explain the steps involved
Here's the link Marty posted again: Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

The reasoning is that two things use up chlorine: organics (including algae) and sunlight. If you have no algae and no sun, you shouldn't lose any at all. So you test chlorine after the sun sets and get up early and test it again before the sun hits the pool. If you lost none, all is well. If you lost a bunch, something is eating it, and it isn't the sun. That means algae.

Again Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Here are last night's results
faaf8c9486567c48a631a54cfdb5511b.jpg

With more than 1 ppm FC loss overnight we suggest you SLAM Process. Base your shock level FC on [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. With a CYA of 50 that is 20 ppm FC.

Let us know how things progress.

Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

Also - start using a 10 ml sample of water for your FC testing. Each drop of reagent to clear then counts as 0.5 ppm FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.