Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DiamondBrite help!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

DiamondBrite help!!!

I have a 20'x40' pool with midnight blue DiamondBrite finish. As a result of some water issues last summer the finish has faded 2-3 feet down the sides. Can I bring back the original color by giving it an acid wash? Am I better off draining and giving it the acid wash or circulate the acid and constantly brush the surface? Thanks for the help.

George
    42,000 gallons
    In-ground DiamondBrite Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2
    George,

First off, welcome to the site. Although I do not have a lot of experience in this field, I am sure someone will pipe in to offer some suggestions. May I suggest posting some pictures online to help explain your troubles. Once again, welcome.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3

I won't be able to take a picture for another week or two because I still have the winter cover on and the tree buds are still falling.
    George
    42,000 gallons
    In-ground DiamondBrite Plaster

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

George,

I would first try an in water acid bath.
    Turn off the pool equipment and set it so it will not come on.
    Add four gallons of acid for every 10,000 gallons
    Leave the acid in the water for 4 days
    Brush the plaster with a stainless steel brush at least once a day
    After two days check to see if the deposits are loosening you might have to add 2 more gallons of acid for every 10,000 gallons
    When completed, bring the water back to a neutral level adjust the ph level and the alkalinity
    Start up the pool
    These steps should bring the pool b ack to its original color. I do this on every quartz plaster I install after the the plaster has cured for 30 days. It is not uncommon to have to do this to quartz plaster every now and then as it is prone to calcium and other deposit build up.

Troy