New And Could Use Some Advice

I only need to run the SWG 50% of the time the pump is running because it was making enough chlorine for the CYA level I had. We've had to bump it up to 75% because it is getting hotter now and my FC dropped down to the low end of the range. We could run the pump longer and keep the SWG at 50% or turn up the SWG to run 75% of the 4 hours we run the pump. I'm hoping this is going to work. I have to bump up my CYA as well because we've had a lot of rain and had to drain the pool some to keep from getting too high. My CYA is below the recommendation for my pool which also accounts for some of the FC loss.

Me again. Pool still doing fine but I’m still having to add bleach every day.

I reduced my pump time from 12 hours to 8 hours a few weeks ago. It runs from 11am-7pm. The SWG runs for 5 hours 11am-4pm.

I check FC and PH each day and it’s always about the same when I check at 6pm...4.5 FC and 7.5 PH. So I add in around 2 cups of bleach and repeat tomorrow. Reducing the pump running time didn’t change anything.

Sunday I tried not adding any bleach to see what would happen and my FC yesterday was 1.5 even tho the SWG had supposedly just finished running. No errors, no buildup so how would I know for sure if it’s working or not?

CYA is around 70. I also have a solar shade up over the pool because the Texas sun is just brutal right now!

5 hours isn't very long to be running one of those Intex SWGs, especially if it's the smaller model. They don't make chlorine very fast, so the sun is likely burning it off faster than it's generating it, even with your elevated CYA.

When I had my last Intex pool, 16'x48", and the big SWG I ran it up to 14 hours per day at times.

BTW, reducing pump run time won't do anything to help your FC. Running your SWG longer is really the only answer.

Things have been going well but kind of have an issue.

Upped the SWG to 7 hours, pump is 8 hours (11am-7pm) and it’s been keeping up a bit better. Usually stays around 5.5 for FC so I’ve still been supplementing with bleach.

Kids have been in it less so I think things are getting stirred up less and the water has been a bit more cloudy and a tiny bit greenish.

I’ve been staying on top of the FC but it’s still not going away. Do you think I need to shock it at this point? I haven’t shocked it before so I need to read up on it.

Also, does anyone know what the low salt threshold is for the Intex ECO7110? It got all the way down to 2200 and was still “working” so I went ahead and added some more salt last night.

Edited to add numbers. CC is 0.5

63b39caf5c57b355379bc84623e0809c.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.