Pool Equipment

Sep 4, 2015
Ca
Looking to hook up my own pool equipment. How difficult is it? I have a Pentair easy touch control with Intellichlor IC40 already incorporated into the easy touch with Intelliflo 3 hp variable speed pump with a water feature and Pentair clean and clear filter 420.

It is pretty dirt simple... once you have done it once... :p

The first time is only little more difficult because you have to read and understand a manual written in the foreign language called "Pentair"...

There are plenty of people here that can help you out if you run into any issues...

I have a different perspective on "Warranty" than most folks... For about 30 years I ran several different Warranty Repair shops (all non pool related). In almost all cases our overall failure rate was less than 1 or 2 percent.. Even then, about 60% of all our failures were Infantile Failures.. basically did not work when taken out of the box or failed in the first few weeks.

To me this means that if the warranty is free, it is a great deal. But if you have to pay extra for it, as in 2 x the cost to have a professional install it, it is not worth the money. It is like gambling... I don't buy lottery tickets because I really expect to win... and I don't pay extra for a warranty because I don't expect to have any failures... :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Good morning ,

What is the going cost to hook up the equipment I have ? Penatair Intelliflo 2 010118 , Pentair Clean and Clear plus 420,Dolphin Nautilus Plus, Pentair Easy Touch Control with IC40 Chlorine generator. Thank you for your help in advance.

Best
Mark

Mark,

I have no idea... Most installers work for pool companies and the cost is rolled into the total cost of the pool/spa...

It would also depend on the specific job... there are just too many variables to know for sure.

I was under the impression that you were going to do it. :confused:

If not, you might see if one of the local pool companies will provide you with the name of an installed that might be willing to do the work on the side...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim R. that was my plan but I've been slammed here at work and I just don't have the time to take on that project. I've done my homework and seems pretty straight forward. I may just hook everything up and hire an electrician to come in and wire it up.

Mark,

Sounds like a plan...

If you do not already have it, do yourself a favor and add ScreenLogic2. It makes programming and using the Easytouch about 10 x easier... I recommend using a PC to program everything first, before trying to use a phone or tablet..

Thanks, and good luck with your project..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.