Leak in new liner

May 27, 2018
Somerset
Hello,
I just had my first pool a 27'x52" above ground and noticed water around the edge the day after the install. Continued filling all day and installer told me to wait a day or so to see if it was just water being pressed from sand or dirt. Woke up this morning with pool about 2/3 full and could clearly tell there had been a leak. Went and looked around and found a 1/16" hole. I am ok patching it even though the liner is brand new. My question is the leak caused the cove to errode some in the spot where the leak was. What should I do about that?

Tl:dr leak in new liner above cove caused some of the sand cove to errode. Looking for solutions.
85f6e078c0e4cbdf67460071f2005f3e.jpg

What should I do about that?
Sounds to me like that install company should be expecting a phone call from your first thing Tuesday morning, unless they're open Monday. :rant: You pointed it out, they dismissed it, now it's caused more problems. 100% they need to make it right.

By the way, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Sounds to me like that install company should be expecting a phone call from your first thing Tuesday morning, unless they're open Monday. :rant: You pointed it out, they dismissed it

Yeah I messaged them this morning and they are going to come out this evening or tomorrow. I'm just wondering the best fix so I can chat with them about it.

Yeah I messaged them this morning and they are going to come out this evening or tomorrow. I'm just wondering the best fix so I can chat with them about it.
Really depends on the exact location of that leak against the frame/rail. On the flat it's not such a big deal. Get near those curves and it can be tricky. Good they are coming out soon. Good luck!

Sounds to me like that install company should be expecting a phone call from your first thing Tuesday morning, unless they're open Monday. :rant: You pointed it out, they dismissed it

The leak is no big deal to repair (if it is the only one) but make sure they fix or guarantee the cove will be OK.

But if they fix the cove, then you lose all the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.