New re-designed Intex 14X42" Ultra frame pool, question on double suction outlets

mikepier

Mar 1, 2016
Wantagh, NY
New re-designed Intex 14X42" Ultra frame pool, question on double suction outlets

I had a 14X42" Intex Ultra Frame for the past 3 years, but decided to throw it away after last season due to the liner being so faded.
I had done the usual upgrades, Sand Filter, Hayward Skimmer, larger inlet/ outlet fittings, all hard piped in PVC.
Intex Pool upgrade - Google Photos

So now I just picked up a new Intex pool, and notice some re-designments, including now 2 suction outlets.
I was wondering do I need to plumb now the second outlet? Or can I just cap it off somehow with those black plugs that came with the pool?
I already had the skimmer and the one outlet on my previous pool, and that was more than enough.

Also hoping now also the inlet/outlet ports match up and line up with my existing PVC pipe set-up.

Seems like they also re-designed the T- braces, they are now plastic, not metal

Re: New re-designed Intex 14X42" Ultra frame pool, question on double suction outlets

I had a 14X42" Intex Ultra Frame for the past 3 years, but decided to throw it away after last season due to the liner being so faded.
I had done the usual upgrades, Sand Filter, Hayward Skimmer, larger inlet/ outlet fittings, all hard piped in PVC.
Intex Pool upgrade - Google Photos

So now I just picked up a new Intex pool, and notice some re-designments, including now 2 suction outlets.
I was wondering do I need to plumb now the second outlet? Or can I just cap it off somehow with those black plugs that came with the pool?
I already had the skimmer and the one outlet on my previous pool, and that was more than enough.

Also hoping now also the inlet/outlet ports match up and line up with my existing PVC pipe set-up.

Seems like they also re-designed the T- braces, they are now plastic, not metal

The skimmer is already a second outlet. Id plug it.

Re: New re-designed Intex 14X42" Ultra frame pool, question on double suction outlets

Very nice set up Mike!

I also have a 14' Intext pool that I just finished setting up last week. I was debating if I really needed two inlets on the small pool. I upgraded to the the sand filter/salt water pump yesterday and am awaiting an adaptor to come in the mail.

Thanks, yes was a lot of work to get it set up with all the hard plumbing, but once done, it worked great.

Which leads me to my next question. Does anyone know if the inlet and outlets are the same locations as the previous Intex pools?
If they changed them, that means I pretty much have to re-plumb everything so the pipes match up to the ports.
Or at least do some modifications on the existing plumbing.

I just put one of the dual intakes up and did plug one of them, if you stand facing the pool the 2 black intakes are to the right and the return is to the left, looking at your pics to me it looks like you plumbed that pool in backwards unless I'm not following the plumbing right.

I just put one of the dual intakes up and did plug one of them, if you stand facing the pool the 2 black intakes are to the right and the return is to the left, looking at your pics to me it looks like you plumbed that pool in backwards unless I'm not following the plumbing right.

My plumbing is correct, I used the original outlet as the new inlet since it was lower in the water, and i used the original inlet as a secondary outlet ( primary is the skimmer) which I believe was not necessary since the skimmer was more than enough, so I will probably not use it on the new pool now.

But I did set up the new pool last night, and as I suspected, all of the ports are in different locations, so my existing PVC plumbing does not match up.
So I will probably use some PVC couplings to cut the original piping and modify to get everything to match up.
( At least the new inlet since I will not be using the secondary outlet anymore, I have the skimmer)

Obviously I could use hoses, would make things a lot easier,but I just prefer to hard pipe it.

I added a thru wall skimmer, and use the original suction port as a dedicated vacuum port.

I installed all standard Hayward wall fittings, and use a leaf canister on the vacuum to catch most of the large debris before it hits the filter.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.