Intake and Return Hoses Different Sizes - OK?

kristinainaustin

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
I'm putting up a 14 foot Intex Prism Frame pool this year (instead of my usual Easy Set). I upgraded my pump to the Intex 2,500 gallon, so I also purchased hose converters. I also purchased the waterfall (one of the main reasons I wanted the Prism this year instead of the Easy set - haha), so I was able to use the larger hoses on the return side as it came with a converter attachment the goes directly into the pool, but I can't figure out how to make the larger hoses work on the intake side. Is this setup OK? Should I try to use the smaller hoses on the return side too? I have attached pictures. I probably won't get a chance to test it for a day or two as the pool just started filling and usually takes at least a day or so. I just don't want to ruin the pump or anything. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7676.jpg
    IMG_7676.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7677.jpg
    IMG_7677.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 47
Looks good to me! Just keep a close eye on it to make sure it does not get bumped or such. If you have a couple of extra dimes you can also use hard PVC with unions so you can disconnect as needed. Less chance of springing a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.