Pool numbers, eeNeed Help

Hi, I just did my testing and I am confused about what it says to add. My pool is Clear.
Here are my numbers:
FC. 2
Ph. 7.4
TA. 70
CH. 75 Water temp is 74
CYA. 30

Because FC is low Over a week ago I was told put it at 16
Ph says to add 11 oz of washing soda or 22 oz of borax
Ta says to add 211 oz of baking soda
Ch says to add 819oz of calcium chloride
CYa says to add 40 oz stablizer

are these numbers right and if they are how do you put them in. All at once etc. please help. Thank you to all. Lorraine

Assuming you are in maintenance mode, here is my guidance.

Ignore the CH. You have a vinyl liner pool. You do not need to add calcium.
Your pH is fine. It will rise some over time and you may have to add acid in the future to lower it when it reaches 7.8 or higher.
Your TA is fine. Monitor it and if it drops to 50 then add baking soda to raise it back to 80.

Use the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for your target level FC. You will need to add chlorine EVERY DAY to maintain it in the target level.

You may wish to add some CYA to get to 50 ppm to reduce your FC loss due to sun hitting the pool. If you add that, be sure to adjust your FC target level based on your new CYA level.

Take care.

All I see the need for is some bleach.

FC. 2
Ph. 7.4
TA. 70
CH. 75 Water temp is 74
CYA. 30
For 30 CYA, your target FC should be 5. Possibly higher, but you won't know for sure until you get in the habit of daily testing and swim season is in full swing. Then you'll be able to figure out how much you lose every day and can add enough each day to keep it from slipping below 2.

Your pH is between 7.2 and 7.8 so change your target to 7.4. Poolmath now says you need nothing. See how easy that is?

The TA is just about perfect right where it is. Change target to 70. Boom, once again, nothing needed.

You have a vinyl pool, so you don't need to worry about damaging the plaster with low Calcium. 75 is above zero, so change the target to 75. Another one balanced.

30 CYA is within recommendations, so it, too, can be left where it is.

Pretty easy, huh?

In a couple weeks, this will all be second nature to you. Just keep testing, and as you make adjustments and see them show up on the test results, it'll all the sudden click, like the day you learned to ride a bicycle. One minute you couldn't, the next minute you can.

Later on, if you wish to raise CYA, we can help you with that. Good chance you have some leftover chemicals that can help. Likewise if you have any leftover Cal-hypo, you can use that later on to chlorinate. But for now, keep it simple! You aren't at the mercy of the pool store any more. You don't need to make payroll by selling mountains of chemicals. You only need bleach today.

If it were me I would for sure follow mknauss's lead as he is the expert. Use pool math to get FC up to 10. Wait an hour then put CYA in a sock or stocking and hang in front of a return. Be sure to run the pump when you add bleach and leave it on all night. I prefer a knee high stocking as it seems to dissolve quickly vs a sock. Make sure to go out a few times before bed and squeeze the stocking a few times. I also brush the pool area quickly to make sure the water moves around (especially in the area the stocking is hanging)...only need to do this a couple of times.

BTW - increasing the CYA will help with the loss of FC. Follow the FC/CYA chart as directed above and add bleach daily to not go below minimums.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.