New SWG User HELP!

Marines75

Jun 18, 2017
Cold Spring, NY
Hi All,

I finally put on the Crystal Pure 3.0 Salt System, PureLine. However, the salt display say 2000 and I need 3400-3600ppm. The chart they gave me to add salt is very confusing. My pool is 20,000 gallons, IG. The panel will flash low salt and then go solid with the check cell light on steady. How many bags of salt is needed?

Thanks so much and please excuse the newbie question.

Regards,

Steven

M,

Assuming your pool had zero salt to begin with, it would take 580 lbs. of salt to get to just under 3500 ppm

Not sure how much salt you added or how much salt was already in your pool before you started.

You should always run your pump for 24 hours after adding a lot of salt and before turning on a salt system..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

I like the "PureLine" system.

First you need to verify what your salt level actually is with the Taylor K-1766. Most of the SWG salt display numbers are ball park only.

If it really is 2,000ppm then I'd plan on adding a total of 200 lbs.

Start by adding 100lbs, run the pump 24 hours and re-test.

Sneak up on the 3,500ppm. You can add more but can't take it out, unless you remove existing water.

Use liquid chlorine until the SWG likes the salt concentration level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.