Pump and solar question

Smokeyhill

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Follansbee, Wv
Hi folks,

On my phone at work so must be brief. I had an 18 round AGO for 15 years. Tore it down last year and am installing a new 24 round. Solar was on a rack on the ground before. I am building a patio beside the new pool with a South facing roof and am putting the solar (4 - 2 x 20') panels up there. Lower edge of solar (inlet) is 6 feet above ground, outlet is 10 feet above ground. I have the old 1HP pump and 18" sand filter (pump is about 5 years old). I am upgrading both in July, but i have to have the pool open before June 9 for youngest DD's HS graduation party. Both are Hayward. Sorry I don't have the model numbers with me. I just need to know if there's a chance those would work with the new solar location or do I need to order the upgrades immediately?

Thanks people.

I'll post pics of the build later. Have to work 12 hr days over the holiday weekend :(

Welcome to TFP!

I've done those 12hr holiday weekend shifts before not always the most pleasant way to spend the weekend. Hopefully you are at least getting extra pay for the holiday.

That pump should be able to get the water up into the panels to prime them without too much fuss. 10ft isn't that high for a pool pump.

Once the panels are full the vertical height of the panels is cancelled out by the water coming back down to the pool.

Thanks for that.
The whole timing thing kind of got dropped on me when the original party location got canceled due to storm damage. Everywhere else is booked up. I opened the filter and had a look inside because we started getting sand in the pool the last year it was open. The stand pipe was cracked and very brittle. The pool was used when it was given to us and was probably 25-30 years old. I bought a replacement stand pipe and lateral system for it just to get me by. I had to wing it because the filter label is years missing. Haven't had time to put it in yet, so I hope it fits. I'm hating this accelerated build schedule. I dug the pool and patio by hand and I'm running way behind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.