NEED ADVICE: Just Finished Refinish of Pool

Jun 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some input on a refinish that we just completed on our pool.

We went from a traditional plaster to a Micro Pebble Radiant Fusion finish. The pool looks beautiful! But we have a problem with the pool being extremely rough.

Has anyone else experienced this? The issue we've seen is that the kids feet have ended up with multiple strawberries and some bleeding.

My take is the pool finish is way rougher than what I would expect. The problem is I'm not sure what the best course of action is. Does it need to be drained and acid washed again? Does it need another layer of finish on it? Would just a good solid brushing with a wire brush do the trick? I'm looking for other people's experiences with their micro pebble finishes and how rough they felt after completion.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Have you met with the contractor whom installed the finish?

This will :bump: your post and hopefully some others in the forum can provide some advice.

Have you done a search of the forum for 'pebble'? Might guide you some.

Take care.

Pebble finishes can be polished or buffed down smooth with a diamond polisher. This is a special tool that attaches to a 4000 psi pressure washer and uses diamond wheels to make any pebble surface clean and smooth.

The buffers can be purchased or the guy may be willing to rent on to you.

polishing a pool finish - YouTube

Coyote Abrasives is the company and the guy invented this tool and technique.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.