Considering SWG but cautious about salt PPM

Jul 5, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
Manual dosing right now with TFP methods but considering a switch to a SWG. Should I be concerned about any long term effects of using standard salt PPM requirements for the SWG? Plaster issues, discoloring, etc? do you use sacrificial anodes in your pools? I don't have a diving board or any visible metal.

I was thinking about attempting to run a SWG at lower salt PPM of around 1,500 just in case. Will they operate at that level or simply turn off?

Out of curiosity mainly, I checked my current salt ppm - it's around 1,100. So I understand salt does exist because of chlorine production, just concerned about having to move to a level 3x current ppm.

Thanks!

Mine runs at about 3200 Ppm’s. I love it - it’s a set it and forget it as far as maintaining chlorine. I just have to check run the tests a couple times a week to make sure it’s producing as much as is getting used. I don’t think I’d have a pool without one now that I have it.

I haven’t seen any posts about the salt water causing any long term damage to metal equipment.

Metal items used in pools are usually stainless steel. Stainless steel holds up pretty well on boats and docks in the ocean with salt around 35,000 ppm. It will hold up fine in a pool with salt around 3500 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.