No lights on IC-40. Led D1?

May 23, 2012
Ic-40 hooked up to Easy touch went out last night. No power at all. On the control board of the easy touch,D1 is flashing red when harness is plugged in. Any troubleshooting tips? I have access to a multimeter

John,

Assuming your EasyTouch has the built-in Salt cell power supply, the first thing I would check is the Intellichlor breaker in the upper right of the main panel.

Here is a pic of my power supply board which I suspect is a newer version of the one you have..

dbtgallery.php

You need to measure the AC input to the board.. between the two red wires marked "AC".. I think it is about 24 volts, but to be honest I don't remember the voltage.. it will either be there or not.. If you have no AC in, then the most likely cause is that the pump/filter relay is not working or not being told to close.

If you have the AC input voltage, then measure between the Red and Black wires on the large connector going to the cell.. Leave the connector connected.. You should get about 40 VDC when the cell is resting and about 36 VDC when the cell is running..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have AC in and zero DC out, your power supply card is toast...

John,

Just for grins I went out and looked at the DC voltage on mine.. With cell at rest the voltage was 41 and when the cell light came on (cell working) the voltage dropped to 36 VDC...

I think that 27 volts is just way too low... I suspect the little board is bad... but if the cell itself was bad it could load down the power supply board.

What is the AC voltage with the cell unplugged???

Without a good cell or good board it will be hard to tell which is bad..

I would for sure take out the IC40 and make sure that none of the plates are shorted together..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.