Rust? Brand? What is this thing?

May 19, 2018
Medina, OH
I just opened the above ground pool that came with the house I bought in February. I'd like to find out what brand and model the pool itself is. I've scoured every inch of the exterior and can't find any text other than the stanard no diving warnings placed every few feet. I did however notice some rust spots on one exterior panel. This pool is supposedly only 2 years old, but this particular area looks like it was used for bb gun target practice or something similar (small bb-sized dents which have rusted). What's the best way to mitigate this damage and slow it's progression?

I'm assuming the pool has a vinyl liner but really I have no idea...is there any other possibility for an above ground pool this size?

Thanks!

Pictures would be helpful but identifying a pool can sometimes be a difficult thing to do.

Above ground pools have vinyl liners that's pretty much it.

Painting over the rusted areas is the best way to slow down the rust.

For rust: I used a wire brush, Rustoleum rust dissolver (wipe it off before rinsing so it does not get into the lower pool track; price is wrong in the link, should be about $10), then rust reformer, then paint (possibly unnecessary).

Rust-Oleum Rust Dissolver Gel, 32 oz - Walmart.com

Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer Aerosol - Walmart.com

Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Flat Protective Enamel - Walmart.com

For pool identification there is quite a comprehensive list here:

Identify My Above Ground Pool - INYOPools.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.