New Saltwater Generator wiring question

aespinoza101

Bronze Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
San Bernardino, California
I just got automation and a new SWG installed by LPS. The pump is scheduled for 8 hours run time during the a.m. My problem is the SWG does not turn on when pump is running. I called the installer and he said the SWG was wired to AUX 1 and said it should turn on when pump turns on. This however is not the case.
After reading the Intellitouch installation manual. The way I understand it is that the SWG should have been wired together with the pump filter relay. What is the advantage to wiring it to the Aux relay as installer had wired it? Should the SWG get wired to the pump relay? If wired to AUX 1, what would/should command the SWG to turn on?

Is your Automation and swg not the same brand? Usually they integrate together without having to use relay switches. If they are different and cannot communicate with each other then I think it should be wired to the pump relay.

I just completed an install on my Jandy equipment. The power should be on the same relay as the pump. This way when power is applied to the pump to run it the swg turns on. It keeps the swg from being on when the pump isnt.

Find the swg manual online and take a look at the installation instructions to confirm the proper setup.

A,

Your cell is installed incorrectly... it MUST be installed so that the cell's power supply only gets power when the Pump/Filter relay is closed.

Your installer has no clue what he is doing!!!

Have them come back and install it correctly. This is not an option... it is the only way to ensure the cell works the way it should.

Your IntelliFlo pump should NOT be wired to the Pump/Filter relay.. The pump should get constant power directly from its GFCI circuit breaker.

Do you really have the EasyTouch lite model PSL4? If so, then your EasyTouch will not have the built-in SWCG power supply.. Does your SWCG have an external box for the power supply or is it internal to the EasyTouch?

Do you have ScreenLogic2???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.