Delayed opening - newbie

May 13, 2018
Canada
Hey everyone please help me here. Im drownding in lack of knowledge and now algae.

I finally got the new pump plumbed and waiting on the electrical, so I can open the pool. In the mean time green algae manged to grow on top of cover and looks darker green or black algae under it. I might be another week before pool guy comes to open it. Should I put one of these chemicals in the pool in the mean time?

Should I put one of these chemicals in the pool in the mean time?
Don't do anything yet. With no way to mix and test properly, it's just guessing. Now if you decide to remove the cover, you can start manually cleaning, brushing, scrubbing, etc. But chemically, just wait until you can circulate the water properly and we'll be watching for those test results. Speaking of test results, they need to be from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C for us to help. The TF-100 can't cross up north, so you're stuck with the Taylor K-2006C unless you travel south. Do you have one yet? That will be a must to perform a SLAM Process and clear the algae. If you have a kit, please add it to your signature, or add it when it comes in. :)

Is the TF 100 better. I have friends coming up. I could ask them to bring one. Or is it like illegal here for some reason?

It has more of the reagents you will really use.

Not illegal, it is just that Lowry and Assoc have a strangle on the selling of Taylor products in Canada. The cost for K2006C will be close to triple that of a TF100.

Your friends would need to order it soon. It will be shipped to them and there is a holiday weekend soon. TFTestkits.net

Take care.

Can't get to the U.S. Ordering Taylor kit today. Which is better. [h=1]Taylor Technologies TTK2006C Taylor Service Test Kit or TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD or can i get away with: Taylor K-2000 Starter Test Kit until i can get the u.s.?[/h]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.